Author Topic: Bengal Female 6yrs & Tortie Female 2yrs both clean neutered & chipped. Huddersfield a.s.a.p Rehomed  (Read 5159 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
That is wonderful news Hun - I know how hard it must be for you but I know how loved and cared for they will be with Tim and Jacky - I have got a feeling that your Ruby is related to my Mellika ?
4 of my 5 Benglies came from Purebliss and to me they are a real example of what true Breeders should be all about x

I visit Tim and Jacky and they take as much care of their "rescues" as they do of their Peds

Take care Sweeetie x
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:17:02 AM by Janeyk »
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
So pleased and second all that Sam has said, it must be a terrible time for you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Oh bless her ... what wonderful news that Jacky has agreed to take all your girls.  But obviously my heart goes out to you and I know Thursday will be a very hard day for you  :hug:   I'm sure you already lots of photos of the girls but I would use the next couple of days to get lots of more of them.   :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
Sheryl this is weird... I contacted Jacky over the weekend as that is where I got Ruby my Bengal & she has agreed to take all three. Spoke to Tim today & taking them on Thursday. Am absolutely dreading  it & know I will be a wreck. Must make sure I have lots of tissues.

Thank you for all that have replied to my post.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
So Sorry For your situation Hun - My good friend Jacky Bliss of Purebliss Bengals it the Bengal Welfare Officer for the UK - it may be worth contacting her and explain that you are trying to keep Ruby and Dolly together.

Good Luck Sweetie and if I hear of anyone looking for a Bengly and "friend" I will let you know xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
what lovely girls, I've one of each myself so am biased - good luck with your search unfortunately it is pretty tough at the moment

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Shared on FB. I'm so sorry, this must be devastating.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Im sure a good home will be along in no time  :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
What a terrible decision to make and do hope that they can get a good home  :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
My friend has suggested the following:   try the Bengal Cat Forum Rehoming Or Bengal Welfare at one of the clubs (either Bengal Cat Club of GB or Bengal Cat Club), both have websites for advertising.

Is the breeders still breeding? Could you put them on her website?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Sorry to hear of your situation  :( I think it's clear from your posts over the years that you adore your cats so this must be an agonising decision for you  :hug:

Have you tried contacting the bengal rehoming 'clubs/societies'? I get the impression that pedigrees are easier to rehome and you could insist they go together if somebody was interested in Ruby  :hug:

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
Thank you again Sam

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I've post the link in the general section (hope you don't mind  :hug:http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,43390.0.html

I've also put my feelers out to a friend who is big in the bengal world (it's a long shot) but they may have some ideas or suggestions  :hug:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 21:34:46 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
 I am sorry you have to re home your beautiful girls :hug: :hug:

Maybe if you post in general cat chat, more people read the posts there than this section. Also if you post in Catchat, i know there are one or two people who have Bengals and post in there, they may be able to help with your beautiful girl Ruby. :hug:

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
Thank you Sam
Have contacted several rescues but they are all full. I just hope that I get a response on Purrs....time is running out. 'Sad'

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Bumping this up ... this 2 beauties need a home  :(

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
What a terrible decision you have had to make! I do hope that you find a lovely home for your furbabies and that you are very happy in your own new home  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Oh hun I'm so sorry to hear you are having to rehome your girls .. they are both gorgeous.  I am sure this is one of the hardest things you have had to do  :hug: 

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
It is with great sadness that I am having to re-home my much adored cats due to chronic illness & disability. I am having to move to a more suitable property @ the end of July which does not allow pets.
This has been a huge tormented decision I have had to make & it breaks my heart to let them go. I love them dearly & need to know they are going to a adopter who can love & cherish them as much as I do.

Dolly is a neutered 2yr old small clean female tortie with a beautiful gentle nature who I have had since she was 8 weeks old.
She is not a complete lap cat as she has had too many nice beds available & best friend Ruby to cuddle up to. Cover yourself in a blanket & she will lie on you or sneak into bed with you.

Dolly has the use of a micro chip cat flap & is in & out all the time announcing her arrival.
Never out @ night as I have always wanted her in safe & sound, although she is a hunter. I don’t have the theory that cats go out @ night & would insist that the new owner is aware of this.

She does make friends with other cats but a bit timid with dominating ones.

She is not used to young children or men but think she could adapt to older children who play with her. More relaxed in a quiet peaceful home.
I have found Feliway plug in a real must in times of stress.

Dolly has been treated every month with prescription Advocate for prevention of worms, fleas & ear mites.

She has the end of her tail missing as when a kitten her & my Bengal were chasing around & a vase fell on her severing her little tail. She doesn’t miss it!

I have fed her on premium optimum wet & dry foods Gourmet Gold/Sheba/Tinned Tuna/Felix As Good As It Looks Red label/Prawns/Ham
Her favourite biscuits are Royal Canin British Shorthair but will also eat the Siamese Variety.
These foods are expensive but they are worth it to give your cat the best in goodness.
She will not eat the less expensive varieties.

Her favourite toys are those on a wand & strangely the ones I made for her with just shirring elastic with a knot on the end. She asks for it for a play usually when its my bedtime!

Dolly is a pampered pet as so is her friend Ruby. I have loved every minute of giving them my utmost of attention with luxury of climbing stations indoor & outdoor & plenty of toys & catnip.

I would love it if a new owner could take Dolly & Ruby & have the pleasure & laughter I have had watching them both play fight & chasing around the garden together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ruby Female Brown Spotted Pure Bengal (76 30)
Papers provided

Ruby is a beautiful Brown Spotted 6yr old neutered chipped female.
She is a happy cheeky, chatty girl with a huge amount of energy & full of humorous character.

Her purpose in life is to be obeyed & played with as soon as your feet touch the floor in the morning. She fetches her favourite wand toys & drops them at your feet for you to entertain her & be her slave.
She shouts for you to lie down with a snugly blanket where she will lie on you & loves being groomed in her bed while she sucks & kneads it.
Not one for being picked up as she squeals but wouldn't hurt you.

Ruby has only been used to me (female), not men & definitely not used to young children.
She has a lovely friendly nature, never hissed or struck out on me but she will to another strange cat who steps foot onto her territory!
She is used to my other 2 cats who are also for re homing, but I don’t think it a good idea to re home into another cats home unless they plan to get a kitten when settled, where she will mother & entertainer herself with her ‘new toy‘!

Ruby has lived a very spoilt luxury life which I have loved giving her with premium wet/dry food, will kill for her treat of prawns or fresh mince.
Anyone thinking of adopting her must consider the cost of these foods. She will not eat the less expensive foods or kibbles.

Royal Canin British Shorthair/Siamese, James Wellbeloved biscuits left down all the time.
Sheba/Gourmet/Felix Good as Looks Red & Tinned Tuna wet food & treat of occasional prawns.
Another bedtime treat is the soft Natures Menu bites. She knows what time it is & sits in the kitchen shouting for them.

I have always clipped her nails but I also have climbing towers inside & outside to scratch on & not had furniture damaged.

She does have access to the outside with a cat flap but prefers to stay indoors with you after her mad run around the garden with Dolly her best friend. She does not wonder or a hunter.

It’s not my belief that cats should be put outside @ night & would not want this to happen as she would scream out the neighbourhood!
I like to know that they are in & safe where I can see them!

I suggest that anyone interested in adopting Ruby must be sure they know the nature, temperament & characteristics of Bengal’s.
They are not quiet moochy still cats but high maintenance.

A large house & garden recommended for her to chase around & use up some energy.

Has been treated every month with veterinary  Advocate for fleas, worms & ear mite prevention.

Preferred litter Worlds Best.

Will sadly split if good homes became available.
A home check will be required
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:15:34 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat