Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 7009 times)

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 10:24:04 AM »
Aww brilliant news  ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 07:59:33 AM »

Oh yes - I think that definitely counts as a "result"  :evillaugh:.  Yay!!  Willow's coming out of her shell.   ;D  It's always rewarding when you see a cat blossom in this way.  Bet you're so pleased.   :)

My OH (who's retired) was away for the day on Wednesday (unheard of normally, as he spends most days at home witht he boys).  When I arrived home (before he did) I was mobbed at the door, by two anxious and gently enquiring faces which were accompanied by a battery of enquiry:  "Prrrrp?  Meep? Prrrrrreeeow?"  Of course it was all just on the pretext that the food had run out, but I know it was more than that  :Luv:  After lal, they didn't have to curl up on the garden furniture with me, while waiting patiently for their Daddy to come home.

Willow loves ya!  :Luv:

Offline beowulf

• Adult Cat
  • Willow and Jessie's provider
  • Slave to: Willow and Jessie-Moo
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 23:49:21 PM »
didnt know quite where to say this but this thread seemed the best place

happy for two reasons..... ;D

we have been away for a night visiting family, left willow on her own, lots of food n water

we got in earlier, as i opened the door there was Willow sat just inside the door waiting for us  :Luv2: happy to see us for a fuss

but what has really surprised us is that we have out 8 year old grand daughter with us for a few days

i was worried as we think willows previous owners had children and thats where her 'abuse' came from. we dont think she has been treated badly just mishandled....she dosnt like being picked up, her tail being held or loud noises/sudden movements, which i would associate with being around kids

guess what?...willow dosnt seem fazed at all......pair of them are on the carpet playing with a 'toy on a rope' and all the other little toys willow has  :Luv2:

think thats what you call a result  ;D

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 18:36:36 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: To you and Willow what a lovely story and a fab ending, she looks so content. Good luck.
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 16:25:36 PM »
At lest she won't have to pop into telephone boxes to change her attire!

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 12:46:01 PM »
Oh yes!! ;D Have to say Willow looks less than impressed that you have found out her secret  :evillaugh:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 22:15:16 PM »
Thought you had lost the plot for a minute there  :innocent: 

Couldn't see what on earth you meant and then it suddenly appeared  :wow: :wow: :wow:

In case others were looking for a light coloured "S"; try looking for dark coloured "S" instead  :)

Offline beowulf

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 20:42:25 PM »

took this pic last night.................is it me or does the fur on her front look like a giant S?

'is it a bird?.....is it a plane?.....no.....its Superkitty!'

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline beowulf

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 01:00:57 AM »
quick update time....

think we are adjusting her body clock.............she was virtually nocturnal  :rofl:..........she now spends as much time out with us as hiding under the sofa...............she's learnt her name and is starting to come out when called, she's putting on weight, enjoys her food, certainly learnt the sound of her bowl being picked up from the next room or a tub of Temptations being rattled  :rofl:

she is still a real scaredy cat........panics at unexpected or loud noises...............although we had a thunderstorm earlier, i expected all sorts of problems and she just sat there, didnt bat an eyelid  :innocent:

ive started to try and get her used to being picked up. using the same method as i did with Tiff. pick up for a few secs and put down again, that way she will soon realise shes in no danger, then slowly increase the time i hang on to her. with Tiff it only took a few months and she would pester me to be picked up! lol
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:05:19 AM by beowulf »

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 22:57:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum  :welcome:
i love willow's markings, got myself a similar kitty......Maggie on her chair

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 09:40:44 AM »
Hi Paul, Ros and Willow and  :welcome: to Purrs.  This is a great forum - you should check out the section where our furbabies talk to each other!

Willow is a beautiful furbaby!  :)
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 19:23:04 PM »
Ahhh bless her ... the fact that she is happy on her back is a very good sign.  Only a happy, trusting kitty would allow anyone near their belly  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline beowulf

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
  I don't understand how people can treat their pets in such a dismissive way and never will. 

me neither.....makes me angry  :censored:....i could never work for the RSPCA....id be up for assault on the first morning  :naughty:

Willow seems to as much time on her back getting belly rubz as on her four feet  :rofl:

for some reason she likes to watch Paul OGradys dog programme lol

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 10:52:06 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.

She's a beauty isn't she?  :Luv2:  So pleased you took her in from a rescue.  I don't understand how people can treat their pets in such a dismissive way and never will. 

Happily Willow has found a safe loving home and will I'm sure she will reward your patience and love in time  :)   Already eating out of your hand is a great sign of trust  :wow:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 09:26:44 AM »
 :rofl: Brilliant!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline beowulf

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 22:01:13 PM »
I'm sure you'll have this one eating out of your hand in no time.  :)

litterally! only 10 mins ago i tried feeding her a treat stick by hand and she was so gentle in taking it little bit by little bit.........she deffinatly starting to trust us more

she also relaxing and feeling secure cos she is eating well, already put weight on in only a week

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 20:38:45 PM »
You should enjoy it on here :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :hug:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 18:39:51 PM »
Welcome to Purrs.

From what I read in your other post about Tiffany, I'm sure you'll have this one eating out of your hand in no time.  :)
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 17:09:18 PM »
 :welcome: Paul, Ros and Willow  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 14:29:07 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: , Willow is beautiful!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 09:02:39 AM »
she is gorgeous!  I have a soft spot for tortis myself - welcome hope you enjoy the forum its friendly and there are people on here who know about everything!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 14:34:12 PM by Dawn F »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Hello everyone
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 09:01:12 AM »

:welcome: to Purrs :)

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive :Crazy:  You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Sorry to hear about Tiffany :hug: Willow is adorable and sound like she is settling in just fine :)

Offline beowulf

• Adult Cat
Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 23:08:52 PM »
hi everyone

found the place via a link from somewhere else and thought we would say hi

im Paul, my partner is Ros and we live in Nottinghamshire

ive always been a dog person but when Ros moved in with me 6 years ago she brought her cat Tiffany who promptly stole her way into my heart  :Luv2:

Tiff passed away in April aged 20

we decided we would have a break and not get a replacement until after xmas but the place seems so quiet without a little furry friend  we decided to start looking

this little girl came our way thanks to Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection a week ago.....she is just over a year old, apparently she was abandoned when her owners moved house, when new people moved in they found her, fed and cared for her for a short while hoping her owners would reclaim her...when they didnt they passed her on to the Cats Protection people as they couldnt keep her

we have named her Willow

shes a timid little thing, jumps at noises but she is slowly coming out of her shell .....dosnt like being picked up yet but loves sitting on my lap getting belly rubs ..........give her time to learn to trust us and she will be fine.......got a purr so loud i need earplugs  ;D

Link to CatChat