Author Topic: Pet Rescue - a growing problem (VIDEO)  (Read 3465 times)

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Pet Rescue - a growing problem (VIDEO)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 16:25:59 PM »
The cats are so lovely.  I love Black / white cats too Hippykitty!  As well, as all colours, for the benefit of the others!  ;) ;D  A pity the Black/ white's are often overlooked though.  Some lovely ones in this video.  :)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 11:49:45 AM »
I only watched the first part of the video, featuring the cats. It might be worth including a list of video contents in your description along with the times when those bits start. Sometimes I'm in a hurry and skip bits of youtube vids.

I love the way black and black and white cats are featured. They're my favourite cat colour, but for some odd reason, not many agree with me and they find it hard to get homes. I'm so tempted but I can't afford seven cats, I can't afford seven cats......

The neutering vid is a great idea.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 21:49:04 PM »
I watched it through, Josh.

You've put together an informative piece that gets the exact right message across. I got a bit lost around 7 minutes, think the interview went on too long and could be edited, but thoroughly enjoyed/rooted for the rest of it.

Your choice of Fix You for the backing track is wrenching, am still in tears now.

Awareness is the key - you could possibly add more stuff yourself about neutering, how easy it is, where to get help for funding, and the benefits to the animal and the family. Also about responsibility, without being condescending, because you have a naturally "nice" voice.

Altogether a great piece of work that spoke very clearly to me. I hope you continue to put these messages out and one day we'll see you on the telly doing what Paul O'Grady has done for Battersea. It's a losing battle at the moment and your enthusiasm to bring the issue out to popular culture is to be applauded.

Now go away and make a film for schoolkids about neutering, one they will understand and remember, that can be distributed to educators. If the kids understand, tomorrows parents will too. 

I wish you luck, seriously   :gold stars:

Offline joeapsey

• Kitten
Pet Rescue - a growing problem (VIDEO)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 23:01:10 PM »
Hello everyone

I have just finished making this video at Tenford Kennels (in Staffordshire) looking at the problems about Dog/Cat Rescue and rehabilitation in the hope to encourage others to adopt rescue animals and/or help out their local animal shelter in any way that they can.

All animals featured in the video are rescue animals and are looking for homes.

PLEASE SHARE this video to help raise awareness about these issues and promote the adoption of rescue animals.

Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa5YIBfgCVg

Link to CatChat