Author Topic: It's a torties life...  (Read 10726 times)

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
Re: It's a torties life...
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2013, 23:31:27 PM »
My one has just done a mad run around the place but its just getting dark here and been roasting all day. Windows are open, so he will soon cool down sitting taking in the fresh breeze. He used to leap high up on units but not been on for a while.  I used to make him sleep in the other room on his own for a bit when he was a kitten. He soon started thumping doors so he would be let out. 

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Tippy (June 2013)
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2013, 22:16:17 PM »
If she clears her bowl I always put some more down :) she's havin a mad 5 minutes before bed, racing around like a crazy lunatic kitty. She's learning how far she can jump and how high and every now and again she gets it wrong and looks really p*ssed with herself :lol:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2013, 21:49:23 PM »
At the moment she will be getting bigger and more active each day, so will need to eat to give her energy. After one year and that's a very long time with kittens  :rofl: she will be a young adult cat. Having ripped the place to bits by then. A whole settee and chairs had to go after Billy had finished using them for scratching posts. Would not look at the proper scratching pads we got him. Never does now. You still keep them though, if you really like cats for company. Now, he is settling more and even becoming a trial member of Goody four paws club instead of Baddy four claws club.  :rofl: His old place of membership.  :shify:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2013, 19:48:14 PM »
I think it's just a case of her getting used to eating proper food (think the lady we got we from mixed the meat with milk and I didn't want to do that) she does much prefer biscuits but now I know she prefers meaty flavours in gravy I'm sticking with pouches. She has one kitten pouch (over 2-3 meals) a day and a small handful of biscuits. She probably eats less than other kittens but she gets little treats in the week (prawns, ham, chicken) so she's fed plenty :)

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2013, 19:43:21 PM »
My Billy has never wanted meat in jelly. He simply sticks his nose in the air and walks off if its a flavour he dislikes. I found he much prefers gourmet pearl fish pouches to anything else. Of course if he was really hungry I expect he would be less fussy. You can second guess their various fads and fancies after a few months. She looks nice and happy though.   :Luv:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2013, 19:13:02 PM »
I've been concerned about her eating Green, tried preparing her meat in different ways and come to the conclusion she doesn't like meat in jelly. So I've swapped to the kitten pouches in gravy and she loves them. Keeping her on science plan biscuits now, found them for a decent price at The Range. She has me Sussed. I'll take a pic later when she comes for a snuggle ;)

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 13:57:12 PM »
They get little cunning ways with them, only a personal slave understands.  :shify:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, 11:31:59 AM »
Don't be fooled Nona ;)

Offline Nona

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Mr.Cuddle und Peisha
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 11:18:32 AM »
She looks sooooo adorable!!  :Luv2:
Purr, purr pur purr

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2013, 09:19:23 AM »
By "discovered outside" I mean the windowsill ...

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 09:18:15 AM »
Tippy is now affectionately known as "Puma Cat"...she stalks everything and anything is fair game...including our toes and strangely my arms! Here's a pic of her looking cute! She's discovered outside, and her reflection and shadow fascinates her to distraction as she can't catch them! Laser pen is on order!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2013, 18:16:58 PM »
They always find something to tear to pieces and they love the backs of chairs where they think no one notices.  :rofl: 

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2013, 11:04:20 AM »
She's climbing and jumping everywhere already. My poor leather sofa and dining chairs are getting a bit of a battering :/

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 09:19:03 AM »
It makes them happy cats and they soon settle down into life of comfort. He is big and heavy to lift nowadays. Tippy must be growing bigger each day . She will be climbing everywhere in a few more weeks.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 08:04:17 AM »
Definitely. I don't understand why people don't neuter. If there's health implications then I understand, but I'd never have a cat and not neuter it. No baby kitties here!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 05:06:08 AM »
My billy was sorted at eight months old in that direction. He was getting a big boy then. Makes them much happier and safer for the females.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 22:32:33 PM »
They can but she will def not be singing any songs! She's booked in for 4 months!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 22:30:57 PM »
They will be singing songs to lovely Tippy over the coming months.  Chloe must have many fans too

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 22:24:39 PM »
Chloe is beautiful!!!!!

Yes she already sits in the window "wow" ing at the boys!!!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 22:11:46 PM »
Tippy is going to be popular with the boy cats . She is so tiny and Innocent.  :hug:

Offline onyx

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Fonzie and Chloe, plus Amber and Izzie the doggies
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 22:07:13 PM »
she looks sooo much like my chloe! and i bet she would have been just as naughty too!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 17:26:18 PM »
My one used to be everywhere in his kitten and young days. Now he is fully settled in his own places.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 14:24:38 PM »
Tippy loves the backs of the dining chairs and the skirting boards in the dining room. Ih and she's pinched my chair...see pic

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 14:08:26 PM »
Alfie performs on the bannisters too, particularly if he wants attention! It is mainly this that gave him the soubriquet of 'The Great Alfredo'  :briggin:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 09:51:42 AM »
Im not sure they ever grow out of the mischief, just slow down! Our Maggie is mad, she runs everywhere as if there is a fire and she walks on the stair bannisters like shes on a tightrope, and waits for the applause at the end!  :rofl:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 12:56:56 PM »
They are full of mischief at that age. Everything is a adventure for the wee kittie.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 11:19:18 AM »
She's a monkey! Been and got her a sample of JwB this morning. Keeping her on meat and biscuits for now but collecting samples to use as treat so they're not so naughty ;)

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 17:13:04 PM »
That's the way to do it. It guarantees years of eating your food , without RADA trained cats treading the boards.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 14:50:46 PM »
She's started the demanding in the last couple of days. All I do is put her on her tree with a firm 'no' and make sure she isn't around our feet while we eat. She has 3 meals a day and biscuits on tap. She can't complain!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 13:47:50 PM »
There is just thing I don't allow. That is they eat their own cat foods and treats. Aside from a bit of yoghurt,  none of them have been given food that is for us to eat. They have had plentiful supply of their meals. Don't need ours. Its stops them looking for leftovers and you can eat your meals unhindered. Billy never interests himself with what I eat.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 11:05:53 AM »
Demands...that's a very accurate way of putting it! Other half had prawns last night and she was definitely 'demanding' those!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 11:03:34 AM »
My previous female for nearly 18 years. She and her male mate.He managed 13 years. She liked to sit on a part of the settee, with a soft cover and that was her personal spot.  The Tom had places everywhere. Bully was not a sun seeker. They all have their own little characters. You soon tune into their demands.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 09:19:57 AM »
Five years?! I may be grey by then....

Tippy just has a mad 10mins then comes for cuddles and settles down for a sleep.

She's a sunbather too but she's fascinated by her shadow!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 08:57:47 AM »
My Billy, used to throw pens and paper everywhere. He broke several telescopic aerials on dab sets. Was up to mischief all the time for months. It's nice to see him calmly enjoying the sunshine on the sill at the mo. He matured after about five years.  Tippy is a sweetie though :hug:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 08:08:45 AM »
She is a total head case. My dining Chairs are getting a bit of a battering but they can be recovered. Bit other than that she's not bothered with any other furniture. Her mum is very chilled so I'm hoping she'll calm with age and neutering will help too :)

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 23:46:01 PM »
What a lovely kitten she is.  :Luv2: :Luv:   They are hard work for quite a few months though. Thankfully Billy is a mature  :rofl: cat who is really good these days.  You always worry when they are kittens if they hurt themselves accidentally . Hopefully Tippy will enjoy many long years of life.   :hug:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 21:51:50 PM »
I worked with animals for years and never heard it. Tilly timmy tipsy etc but never tippy. She's having a mad 5 minutes after a little treat of prawns....crazy kitty....

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 21:48:13 PM »
Aww she is such a cute sweetheart  :Luv:
A very long time ago I knew a lovely cat called Tippy  ;) Great name :)
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 20:30:26 PM »
Thanks :D we called her that because her left ear has a white tip on it. Her colouring is so unusual. She's fast asleep sat up next to my leg with her paws and head on my leg...gorgeous **swoons**

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 19:45:41 PM »
Awwww, I want one!

Link to CatChat