Author Topic: Offer of forever home for a Siamese  (Read 11579 times)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Re: Offer of forever home for a Siamese
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 15:07:59 PM »
And, of course, when you do find your forever cat, we want to see photos!  :)
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline scousegeezer

• Kitten
  • Slave to: awaiting
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 09:40:37 AM »
Thanks for the replies peeps. I have checked all the fairly local rescues, with no result . The Siamese rescue in Sheffield is close at the mo, although it re-opens tomorrow. Will check with them as soon as.

Cheers - John

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 08:16:46 AM »
Hi there.  :welcome: to Purrs. I hope you find your purrfect partner. Just a word of advice though, as this is a public forum I'd be inclined to remove my mobile number if I were you, and keep contacts to personal messages. Wouldn't want you to get any krank calls.  :shify:

As we are predominantly a rescue site, I'm going to add to Tiggy's Mum's excellent submission with a general link to our sister site Catchat. It would be worth your while phoning around a few rescues in your locality, not just the specific Siamese rescues, to see if there's a "made for you" match just waiting for your call.  ;D You never know it may not even be a Siamese who calls to you.  ;)

And of course there's always Paws Inn in Weaverham, Cheshire, not a million miles from you, which is one of this Forum's closely associated rescues.

Good luck and do come back to us when you've found her!

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 18:37:08 PM »
Welcome to Purrs John  :welcome:

Have you had a look here? http://www.siameserescue.org.uk/homeswanted.htm Even if there's not the cat for you on there at the moment worth dropping them an email as I would imagine they're aware of other cats who are still with the current owners who are looking for a new home

Also a list of Siamese rescues from CC, again worth contacting them to let them know you are on the look out  :)

SIAMESE: THE SIAMESE CAT CLUB WELFARE TRUST
Registered Charity no: 1072366
The SCCWT operates a rescue and re-homing service for unwanted adult siamese cats. Permanent, loving homes are often needed for adult cats. Please note, they do not have kittens for rehoming. They also operate a lost and found register, and a sponsorship scheme for un-homeable cats. See their web site for more details.
Rehoming lines as follows:
Welfare Officer for Norfolk & Suffolk - Tel: 01473 830894 (Not after 9pm please)
Welfare Officer for Essex & East Anglia - Tel: 012776 22734 (Not after 9pm please)
Welfare Officer for Essex - Tel: 01702 218108 (Not after 9pm please)
Welfare Officer for Kent, London & Surrey - Tel: 020 8464 8857 (General calls not after 9pm please. Urgent calls anytime - within reason)
Welfare Officer for Southwest / West of England - Tel: 01363 773823
Welfare Officer for Plymouth / West & South West England - Tel:01752 343966
General Email: sccwt@siameserescue.org.uk
Adopt-a-Cat Email: jm@fistra.fsnet.co.uk
Web site: www.siameserescue.org.uk

ORIENTALS: ORIENTAL CAT WELFARE TRUST (OCWT)
Registered Charity no: 1145775
England / Scotland / Wales
OCWT is affiliated to the Oriental Cat Association and provides safehouse accommodation for cats of Oriental bloodlines. Undertaking the rescue and re-homing of Oriental Shorthair cats. Cats are sometimes available in various parts of the country, so if you are interested in giving an Oriental Shorthair a home the organisation keeps a waiting list. All homes are checked prior to adoption. Advice on the welfare of oriental cats available.The harder to home Orientals are cared for at the rehoming cattery in East Sussex until a home is found.
Tel: 01424 892618 or local rate: 08450 529655
Email: bookends@btopenworld.com

SIAMESE: LILAC POINT SIAMESE CAT SOCIETY - RESCUE
Tel: 01277 622734

SIAMESE: SEAL POINT SIAMESE CAT CLUB - RESCUE (SUSSEX)
Tel: 01903 744301

SIAMESE CAT ASSOCIATION - RESCUE (SUFFOLK)
Tel: 01895 252897 or 01359 259652

SIAMESE CAT SOCIETY of SCOTLAND - RESCUE (SCOTLAND)
Tel: 01546 886392 (please call after 7pm - thank you!)
Email: alexc@acarrick.freeserve.co.uk

SIAMESE RESCUE (CARDIFF & S. WALES)
Tel: 01443 673493

SIAMESE RESCUE (N.W. ENGLAND)
Tel: 0114 272 5318

SIAMESE RESCUE (N.E. ENGLAND)
Tel: 01388 835585

SIAMESE: MIDSHIRES SIAMESE CAT ASSOCIATION
Tel: 01530 263343
Email: info@midshiressca.co.uk
Website: www.midshiressiamesecatassociation.co.uk/welfare.php

SIAMESE: POSH PUSS RESCUE (Pedigrees)
Based in Porthleven, Cornwall, but can take cats in from other areas provided they can be transported to the rescue.
Rescue and rehoming for life of pedigree cats in crisis. Siamese, Burmese, Persians, Havanas, etc, Seniors welcome. Posh Puss will take in homeless pedigrees following bereavements and other unforseen circumstances, or from other rescues who are over-full. Cats are adopted out where possible, but un-homeable cats may live out their lives here. Cats receive plenty of love and daily grooming, and veterinary history is kept. The rescue only deals with a small number of cats at any one time, please email if you could offer a loving home (forever homes only, contracts signable), or if you need to rehome your pedigree cat. Posh Puss supports ex owners with loss and can provide updates on progress of cats after rehoming for the ex owners.
Tel: 01326 560536
Email: jan@poshpussrescue.org

SIAMESE: CORNWALL SIAMESE CAT RESCUE / ST. ANNES CAT RESCUE CENTRE
A small rescue and rehoming centre caring for cats of all ages and breeds - maximum capacity is 20 cats. Also rescuing and rehoming Siamese and part Siamese cats. Cats are carefully matched to both the people and the home environment, for a happy partnership for both cat and owner!
21 Deverall Rd, Fraddam, Nr. Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 5EP
Tel: 01736 850241

Offline scousegeezer

• Kitten
  • Slave to: awaiting
Offer of forever home for a Siamese
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 17:54:57 PM »
Hi Evry1,
              New to this site.
              I am in Merseyside and I am offering to home a Siamese cat. Girl preferred, but will take a boy if I am assured he does not spray. The cat would have to be an indoor cat, under 5yrs of age. Seal, chocolate or blue point. I am used to Siamese and their sometimes quirky behaviour. I used to breed Siamese when I lived in the London area some years ago. She would be loved so much and really well taken care of.   My e-mail is available on my profile and my Mob. tel. no. is 07708 844387.

Cheers - John

Link to CatChat