Author Topic: didnt think I could love bella more  (Read 1175 times)

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
Re: didnt think I could love bella more
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 21:10:44 PM »
came back from the holiday today and pippa sat her barney statue in the garden she said to me at bedtime, barneys home now mummy, i dont have to worry about forgetting him now and so i wont cry anymore. i wonder if it has given her that bit of closure as she didnt get to say bye as everything happened so quick, and i cant bring myself to scatter his ashes, i guess only time will tell if it has helped or not.

Bella is in a sulk with us and didnt even purr at tea time, wonder how long this will last as shes slowly creeping along the sofa towards me

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 18:29:02 PM »
Maybe you could tell her about the Rainbow Bridge fields, even if you don't believe in it yourself.  There are also various books about cats who have gone to Heaven.

With grieving it can take beyond a year to truly go through all the process, and some people take longer while some take a shorter time.  For one so young I would say 6 months is barely enough, after all I assume it is the very first time she has come into contact with death itself.

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 12:47:30 PM »
Aw that's a nice idea.  We have two little statues in our gerden in memory of our Holly and Rosie and although it made me sad at first it is nice to have them there, I chat with them when hanging out the washing.

It is a long time to be sad but I think is quite natural for somebody so young.  I expect most of us, when remembering a much loved departed pet, start to well up, even years after losing them.... I know I do.   :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 21:10:49 PM »
thanks ladies, i bought the mog book but struggle to read it as it makes me cry, we went to a garden centre today and she saw a cat garden ornament that she said reminded her of barney (her other thing is she says she's forgetting him) so we bought it and shes going to put it in our garden when we get home. i think she is just moving through the stages of grief very slowly and i guess we'll just have to let her come to terms with it in her own time

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 12:49:53 PM »
Poor Pippa :care: So pleased she has Bella to help dry those tears :grouphug:

Lots of good info in the leaflet Frances linked to, maybe see if your local library has any of those books you could read together  :hug:

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 17:45:04 PM »
You could try the Pet Bereavement Support Service.  More info here http://www.bluecross.org.uk/files/childrens%20leaflet.pdf

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 17:26:17 PM »
I know that children do sometimes dwell on these things, my neice did when my sils brother died and I don't really have an answer they just let it run its course but wanted to say that I think it is wonderful how she is growing up with such affection for your pets and in the long run will make her a lovely human being

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
didnt think I could love bella more
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 16:39:48 PM »
Bella has become such a big part of our lives and I honestly didn't think I could love her more till today. Pippa has decided it's her fault that barney died she is still struggling with missing him and today she walked into the kitchen and sat on the floor crying that it was all her fault. Before I could get to her bella had ran over to her sat on her knee and was licking her face, I couldnt believe it, she got pippa giggling in no time she is an amazing cat shes had some extra treats this afternoon.  :Luv:
Does anyone have any suggestions how I can help pippa shes 4 and was so close to barney but he was put to sleep in december and id have thought she would have moved on from her grief now. were still having tears at least once s day sometimes more. I offer reassurance and tell her its ok to miss him but husband is saying he thinks she needs counselling as its been going on for too long now I really dont know what to do  :'(

Link to CatChat