Author Topic: Runny poo  (Read 2729 times)

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dotty and Blue. My other lovelies Dixie,Jasper & Rosie R.I.P
Re: Runny poo
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 19:18:26 PM »
She must be straining now then as that is what blue's was like when it was at it's worsest. I would definitely try the diarrhoea tablets they cured blue after the first dose. I got mine from pets at home and always have a stock. I bet she's feeling really sorry for herself, little love. Also I'd just give her some plain cooked chicken if you have any or just rest her tummy and just give her water to drink as with the weather being as it is she will become dehydrated. : (
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:06:29 AM by DottyyBB »

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 18:05:37 PM »
She has been again and there was long stringy mucus in it.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 14:01:42 PM »
Blue has escaped lots as he knows that when my hubby has had a bath he leaves the bathroom window open to let the steam out and he knows this so he makes a beeline for the bathroom hoping that the the door may have been left open so he can make his move.....Little monkey....it's quite amusing as we watch him wait for us to be in the living room then he makes he's bid..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: don't worry though we live in a bungalow so he doesn't have to jump out very far when my hubby does forget to close the door. Many a time have we had to lift the fence panels out so he will come home as he seems to be able to jump the fence but not to jump back, Blue I think sees it as a game but I'm frantic..... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: I hope Coco's tummy gets back to normal soon must be a horrible feeling having loads of fur in your tummy.  :hug:

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 13:44:12 PM »
Yes that's my fear with Blue as I'm sure he'd get himself into some sort of mischief and possibly get hurt as we too would hate that and would not be able too forgive ourselves. Thanks for that, I don't feel so guilty now.... :-)

Some people say to me that it is cruel to keep her (and Ping in when he was with us) indoors but I reply with 'what they've never known they never miss."

Imagine the scenario....you let them out, they go over into the next door garden, then the next, they see a cat and chase it next thing you know they are out of earshot and they don't know their way home and they panic.

No way would I let Coco out.

My mum never let her Siamese out apart from some days in the summer then she would have a string tied to her collar. One day my mum went into the front garden only to find Lotus's collar hanging from a bush, my mum went into a panic dashed into the house only to find Lotus using her tray. Mind you one day she slipped out of her collar jumped over the wall and out on to the pavement. I have never seen my father move so fast.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 13:45:11 PM by Peardrop »

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 13:26:27 PM »
Yes that's my fear with Blue as I'm sure he'd get himself into some sort of mischief and possibly get hurt as we too would hate that and would not be able too forgive ourselves. Thanks for that, I don't feel so guilty now.... :-)

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »
Apologies for all the questions but do you think that coco gets frustrated by not going outside and shows in her over grooming herself? I ask this as with only ever having blue as a Siamese breed I know that they can need alot of stimulation and wondered if this may be a reason for his temperament. :-)

The only time she goes out is to the vets and she cries all the time. I live in quite a large house with two landings so plenty of running around space as well as climbing frames. If she went out side and jumped over the wall we might never get her back again and we wouldn't be able to bare that. Ping was 17 and a half when he died and he had never been out apart from kennels and the vets.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 12:52:23 PM »
Apologies for all the questions but do you think that coco gets frustrated by not going outside and shows in her over grooming herself? I ask this as with only ever having blue as a Siamese breed I know that they can need alot of stimulation and wondered if this may be a reason for his temperament. :-)

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 12:41:17 PM »
Sounds just like our blue. He will be 5 this year and is also an indoor cat unless he does his houdini trick and escapes. He is very tempermental and is very loving one minute and really naughty the next but we love him just the same. Both Blue and Dotty rule the roost here.... :rofl:

Coco was first in the queue when affection was being given out. She is our baby and loves to be fussed over.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 12:31:17 PM »
Sounds just like our blue. He will be 5 this year and is also an indoor cat unless he does his houdini trick and escapes. He is very tempermental and is very loving one minute and really naughty the next but we love him just the same. Both Blue and Dotty rule the roost here.... :rofl:

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 11:32:05 AM »
Yes that's correct. The good sign is that you have seen hair in her poo which suggests that it is coming through. My Dotty threw up a sausage of fur last week which is probably the better way of expelling it but you say I think that Coco has not been sick and with her temperature being ok, I would not worry too much as it will probably clear up itself. Out of interest is Coco a nervous cat and how old is she?  :)

Coco is 9 years and 12 months old (I refuse to say 10) she is an indoor cat and is absolutely waited on hand on foot. She is never left alone even at night time and fussed over all the time.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 11:10:34 AM »
Yes that's correct. The good sign is that you have seen hair in her poo which suggests that it is coming through. My Dotty threw up a sausage of fur last week which is probably the better way of expelling it but you say I think that Coco has not been sick and with her temperature being ok, I would not worry too much as it will probably clear up itself. Out of interest is Coco a nervous cat and how old is she?  :)

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 10:45:51 AM »
Hi Peardrop. It does sound like furballs which are staying in the digestive tract and are not moving through. I give both Dotty and Blue who is also a siamese Whiskas hairball treats everyday and also dried food formulation for hairballs. Blue is shedding for England at the moment possible due to this bright light in the sky which is unusual....Ha Ha. Blue also gets a bad tummy when he has eaten Blue bottle flies, disgusting I know. I do try to stop him as I know they carry lots of germs, when this happens I give him Johnson's Diarrhoea tablets which you can get from any pet shop. I hope this may help...... :hug:

The vet felt her abdomen the other day and said there was no blockage and she had been having her bowels open normally, her temp was fine. I had a steroid injection anyway. I think like a human certain things aggravate the alimentary system and one of them is lots of hair. As it goes into the stomach and then to the bowel the hair rubs the side and causes some inflammation and then you get the runny stuff (I think).

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »
Hi Peardrop. It does sound like furballs which are staying in the digestive tract and are not moving through. I give both Dotty and Blue who is also a siamese Whiskas hairball treats everyday and also dried food formulation for hairballs. Blue is shedding for England at the moment possible due to this bright light in the sky which is unusual....Ha Ha. Blue also gets a bad tummy when he has eaten Blue bottle flies, disgusting I know. I do try to stop him as I know they carry lots of germs, when this happens I give him Johnson's Diarrhoea tablets which you can get from any pet shop. I hope this may help...... :hug:

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 08:51:13 AM »
Coco is eating the same food but twice she had had runny poo, once through the night and not long ago. I had a sort through the last one and it is full of hair (she is a fanatic groomer). She didn't eat her normal wet food yesterday but ate dried and this morning she had her normal amount of Thrive dried chicken tip bits she loves. Touch wood she hasn't been sick although I did take her up to the vet in the week as she was vomiting mucus. It is all down to her OCD and all the fur in her alimentary system.

Coco loves to lick herself (even to the point of making her tummy bald). I can comb her for Britain and she will still do it. The vet said it is a form of OCD. Her poo is normally solid but twice since midnight it has been very runny the first being solid then turning into runny. She then went this morning and it was thick with hair.
Coco is a Siamese and I am sure that if she could smoke she would be on 50 a day.

Offline ReeBz

• Adult Cat
  • ᵔᵜᵔ Mackerel's and Mau's! ᵔᵜᵔ
  • Slave to: Yuki~Egyptian-Mau. Moshi~Mackerel-Tabby.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 08:29:35 AM »
My two also have runny poo on and off over the last few weeks.
And the boy threw up bile once last Monday.
I think there might be something going around, you know?

Even on a plain diet, they're not very solid at all.  :'(

Do you groom your cat every day this time of year, to remove the loose winter undercoat?
Moshi needs brushing every day at the moment, so he doesn't ingest too much hair.
Yuki doesn't have an undercoat, as she's an African originating cat.

° ° ° ° ° ° All my Kitties, Past and Present, will always be Loved ° ° ° ° ° °

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
Runny poo
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 08:06:50 AM »
Coco is eating the same food but twice she had had runny poo, once through the night and not long ago. I had a sort through the last one and it is full of hair (she is a fanatic groomer). She didn't eat her normal wet food yesterday but ate dried and this morning she had her normal amount of Thrive dried chicken tip bits she loves. Touch wood she hasn't been sick although I did take her up to the vet in the week as she was vomiting mucus. It is all down to her OCD and all the fur in her alimentary system.

Link to CatChat