Author Topic: Golden Oldies - Charlie & Ellie (Peterhead Cats Protection) (Rehomed)  (Read 6003 times)

Offline katwilson04

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Fergie
Re: Golden Oldies - Charlie & Ellie (Peterhead Cats Protection)
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 08:23:49 AM »
No neither can i!  They must have a new home then!  ;D  So yes, i guess you can move this post!  Thanks  :thanks:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 17:25:35 PM »
Are these now sorted? I can't see them on the website.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline katwilson04

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 16:59:07 PM »
As far as I know they are still looking for a home  :Luv:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 12:54:56 PM »
Still on the website :(
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 10:25:03 AM »
Any news please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline katwilson04

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 17:54:18 PM »
Sometimes with the oldies other branches I have fostered and trapped for - I have all the gear traps, kitten pens etc. oh and crush cages for the ferals not for the feinthearted and the vets :rofl:

Also the problems with oldies is that most insurance companies won't touch them and their are usually costs that come with the age, I know some CP branches advise they will cover some of the medical costs etc

Exactly Liz, i think thats what puts a lot of people off, but all they want is a lovely home to spend the rest of their days, just really want to help them get a home!  :(

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 19:44:39 PM »
Sometimes with the oldies other branches I have fostered and trapped for - I have all the gear traps, kitten pens etc. oh and crush cages for the ferals not for the feinthearted and the vets :rofl:

Also the problems with oldies is that most insurance companies won't touch them and their are usually costs that come with the age, I know some CP branches advise they will cover some of the medical costs etc

Offline katwilson04

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 18:33:48 PM »
Oh they are just gorgeous, I have a forever foster in my diabetic Millie from CP she came at aged 15 and we were advised it wouldn't be for long, 9 glorious months later she has integrated herself well in to the Clan cats and she had never been around dogs either but now just gives a tortie glare to my 3 Border collies who all back off

It can be done with time and well mannered dogs, I am fortunate that my ferals trained my Border Collies on the nice things and my NFC stands his ground all 9kgs of him and the dogs won't even try to cross his path

Some of mine had never met dogs but now some of my ferals prefer them to the humans

Also Oldies only want love and a warm bed and sunshine to heat them up or a radiator bed for the winter :)

Millie is our third diabetic and she is now ID chipped and all injected up as she goes for wanders in the morning before I go to work and at teatime whilst I am doing grit boxes

Hi Liz

We hope that we can get Charlie & Ellie and new home, they have been with the Peterhead Branch for quite some time now, and like you said, all they want is a cosy home, with a place to sleep and be happy for the rest of their days!

They are adorable, and we hope that someone out there will take them VERY soon!  :)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 11:46:28 AM »
Oh they are just gorgeous, I have a forever foster in my diabetic Millie from CP she came at aged 15 and we were advised it wouldn't be for long, 9 glorious months later she has integrated herself well in to the Clan cats and she had never been around dogs either but now just gives a tortie glare to my 3 Border collies who all back off

It can be done with time and well mannered dogs, I am fortunate that my ferals trained my Border Collies on the nice things and my NFC stands his ground all 9kgs of him and the dogs won't even try to cross his path

Some of mine had never met dogs but now some of my ferals prefer them to the humans

Also Oldies only want love and a warm bed and sunshine to heat them up or a radiator bed for the winter :)

Millie is our third diabetic and she is now ID chipped and all injected up as she goes for wanders in the morning before I go to work and at teatime whilst I am doing grit boxes

Offline katwilson04

• Kitten
Golden Oldies - Charlie & Ellie (Peterhead Cats Protection) (Rehomed)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 09:10:27 AM »
Charles and Ellie are brother & sister roughly about 16 years old and looking for a new home, due to owner moving & additional work commitments. They would need to be re-homed together and are looking for a good loving home. The Ginger is called Charles and the Tortie is called Ellie. They do not like dogs and although they are used to children they prefer not to be around them.
Please get in touch if you feel you can give them a loving home. :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

http://www.peterhead.cats.org.uk/peterhead/adopt-a-cat/?cid=43164

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 10:45:06 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat