Author Topic: Cat Shows Question  (Read 1128 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: Cat Shows Question
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 12:57:53 PM »
There is a Maine coon Cat Club and a Maine Coon cat show on the 29th June , but not sure where it is .
I have a Maine Coon Cat Calendar , it tells you what cat shows are on .
A friend who used to run the club sent me one every year , but unfortunately he died suddenly a few weeks back , so not sure of a number now you can ring.
If you type in Maine Coon cat club ,you can find details there too.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 12:30:09 PM »
When I lived in Cambridgeshire the local Cat Protection did a small cat show to raise funds, they also took some of their cats needing homes. Don't know if this is something they all do or was just a local thing there. Might be worth looking on CP website.   

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 20:17:39 PM »
Might be an idea to contact the Maine Coon breed club (if there is such a thing!) as they will know about all the shows, includer the smaller ones. Do you know anything about their history and if they've ever been shown before? If not I wonder how they will take to it. It's a bit like a vet visit I guess in that they get rounded up into a basket and taken somewhere strange. If my two's reactions at the vets is anything to go by, then despite being beautiful (maybe a bit biased  :naughty: ), they would not do well at a show  :evillaugh:

:luck: if you find somewhere local

P.S

:need pics:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 19:57:06 PM »
No but do a search

Offline liquorice

• Adult Cat
  • New picture
Cat Shows Question
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 19:40:18 PM »
Hi

As you know we have two 7 year old main coone cats which have been neutered. We would like to show them in a localish cat show, just a normal show nothing too grand. We live in Kent, does anybody know any shows?

Thanks

Link to CatChat