Author Topic: Dog Attack Girl Needing dog-free home, Grantham, Lincolnshire..at RSPCA E Lincs kennels (Homed)  (Read 6799 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I'll move this now, as presume the rehoming went ok  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Fingers and paws crossed, let us know when ok to move  :thanks:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
That is great news, thanks for letting us know  ;D

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Feral & Stray Foundation
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
This gorgeous lady has a home, providing the home check goes through ok. Yay!
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Dog Attack Girl Needing dog-free home... Grantham, Lincolnshire...
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 08:44:12 AM »
Hi all,
This little lady has gone with Arthur (the pelvis fracture boy) to East Lincs RSPCA, Ruskington, where she can recover and relax until she's fit and ready for a loving new home.
Please can this be moved to the cats needing homes section, as neither are urgent now.
Thanks
Liz x

That's good news, will move it now.  Thanks for updating  :)

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 12:52:25 PM »
Hi all,
This little lady has gone with Arthur (the pelvis fracture boy) to East Lincs RSPCA, Ruskington, where she can recover and relax until she's fit and ready for a loving new home.
Please can this be moved to the cats needing homes section, as neither are urgent now.
Thanks
Liz x
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 10:16:20 AM »
Poor little thing  :'(

She is beautiful, hope something turns up for her soon  :hug:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 23:49:43 PM »
Poor baby  :( :care: Fingers crossed for her, what a brave little girl  :hug:

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 22:14:15 PM »
Poor little thing,she must have been(and probably still is)in agony.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 18:45:30 PM »
She's still in the vets practice in Grantham, as they were giving her a final check, and she's ready to go from today. She's been in since it happened on the 12th May. They get lots of strays in, so we need to get her a home as soon as poss, as the boss is really good that lots come in, but as they get so many they don't want to push his good will!
Liz x

Ok that's fine, fingers and paws crossed for her xx

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 16:31:53 PM »
She's still in the vets practice in Grantham, as they were giving her a final check, and she's ready to go from today. She's been in since it happened on the 12th May. They get lots of strays in, so we need to get her a home as soon as poss, as the boss is really good that lots come in, but as they get so many they don't want to push his good will!
Liz x

Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 16:26:57 PM »
What an absolute sweetheart!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 16:06:05 PM »
Poor girl  :(

Where is she now, just wondering with it being urgent?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 15:45:02 PM »
poor little girl, she looks lovely

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Grantham, Lincolnshire.

This lovely young girl, now named Treacle, was brought in by some people who found her hiding under a car. This was on my on call weekend (12th May), and it was clear to see a dog had attacked her, and very badly. She had a huge hole in her flank (main sutured area) and all the muscle etc was visible. She also had a smaller hole behind her thigh (rear sutures). Her hip was also dislocated, and her nails scuffed with some missing, obviously from trying to escape the dog.

We re-located her hip, x-rayed her, and had to flush the wound so well to try and get rid or debris. Sadly, her wound started to get badly infected, and we put her on I/V fluids, and ever stronger I/V antibiotics and pain relief. Her injured leg swelled three-times the size of her other one, and a few days later, a lot of pus came from the wound. She is now healing well, the swelling is reducing, and she's able to walk better. Her hip is still in position, but she will take time to regain her strength and gradual increase in exercise.

She is only a young female, not chipped, and nobody has come forward for her. We don't know if she's spayed - only time will tell - but this must be done if it turns out she's entire. I can honestly say I would have her like a shot if I could, but I have 13 cats and 3 dogs. She is the sweetest, most loving girl possible, and after all she's been through and the terrible pain she will have been in, it amazes me what a honey she is, treading and purring and rubbing against you. It took a long while to get her eating, and she is much better now.

I would say for sure she needs a home with no dogs, as I believe this would absolutely terrify her... If anyone can offer a home for this beautiful girl, please let me know. She'll need lots of TLC to regain her confidence, and will likely be a little nervous going out, so a quiet home, ideally in a rural environment, would probably suit her best... If a home is offered, she will be chipped before leaving.

Let me know if anyone's interested and able to offer Treacle a secure, loving home...

Thanks,

Liz x
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 13:34:52 PM by Janeyk »
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Link to CatChat