Author Topic: RTA Stray, Grantham Needing new home (currently at RSPCA E Lincs kennels) (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 5531 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As there have been no updates I'll move this to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: RTA Stray, Grantham Needing new home (currently at RSPCA E Lincs kennels)
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 11:02:58 AM »
Did puss get a new home?

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
That is good to hear, Liz!  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Yes, it can be moved thanks.

Will do, thanks for updating  :thanks:

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Feral & Stray Foundation
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
Re: RTA Stray - Grantham - Needing foster/permanent home for crate rest
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 16:34:41 PM »
Yes, it can be moved thanks.
No, he will not be PTS, I can assure you of that... Sarah (branch manager RSPCA) is very good, and she is the other half of the neutering clinics I run with the feral & stray foundation. He will be well looked after until he's healed then put up for adoption. I'll be keeping an eye on him, trust me!
Liz x
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 16:24:58 PM »
Will he be ok there -they wont PTS will they as so many RSPCA places do /

Yes, I was worried about that too.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 16:08:34 PM »
That's good news, is this no longer urgent, cant it be moved to cats needing homes section now puss is safe in rescue?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 16:09:47 PM by Janeyk »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 15:42:35 PM »
Will he be ok there -they wont PTS will they as so many RSPCA places do /

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
This boy is heading to the RSPCA East Lincs kennels, where he will get his 5 remaining weeks crate rest before being put up for adoption.
I think he's quite enjoying being waited on, and loves the luxury food we've been feeding him!
Liz x
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :Luv: awww bless what a little sweetheart. 
Get well soon puss xx

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
 :Luv: Aww he is so handsome -wishing him a speedy recovery.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Poor boy looks like he could definitely do with some TLC :care: Fingers crossed there's someone special out there who's able to take him in while he recuperates, or better still forever.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
poor arthur, wish I could help him, he really looks like he could use some tlc  :(

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Arthur, as he's been named, had his tail removed Friday, and everything went fine. poor lad has been through the wars in this last week...  :(

But, he's bright, happy and ready now for someone who can take him home for crate rest on a foster or permanent basis.

PLEASE let me know if anyone can help this boy... he'll need 5 more weeks crate rest, as he's been in a kennel at work for the last week. He is just such a honey, and can't rub and fuss you enough.

Thanks,

Liz xx
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
Just look at that face  :Luv: I hope someone comes forward soon who can take him on.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
Poor little chap! He reminds me of my (now departed) ginger boy after his RTA. I hope that this chap does as well as mine did.

I'm too far away to be of help. I really hope that you find somewhere lovely for him.

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Hi all,

I've been locuming at Avenue Vets in Grantham, Lincolnshire, and on my on call weekend we have a lovely white & ginger entire stray male brought in after an RTA.

X-rays showed he has a fractured pelvis, fractured tail and fractured toe! Poor lad. He is a super-affectionate boy who was in a lot of pain, and currently walks with a raised gait due to the pelvis fracture.  He's also had his tail amputate on Friday as there was no feeling. He has been castrated, and tested for FeLV, which was negative. The great news is he's weeing and pooing, which with pelvis fractures is the big test...

He's looking a bit beat up at the minute, but is the most loving, affectionate lad. He's not that old, either, when you look under the mucky, beat up state he's in. He's on anti-biotics and pain relief, and needs somewhere to go for 6-weeks cage rest to heal, either foster or permanent. He was a little underweight, but is eating for England and gaining weight well.

If anyone can help, please let me know! He's such a lovely boy...  :Luv:

Thanks,

Liz x
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 06:47:42 AM by Janeyk »
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Link to CatChat