Author Topic: Anyone feed Hills T/D?  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Anyone feed Hills T/D?
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 21:34:08 PM »
Thanks both, I'd be reluctant to switch foods completely as the boys have had tummy troubles in the past and are *touch wood* OK on JWB & Bozita so can carry on giving the T/D as treats. I guess there's no real way of knowing if it 'works' as it would be impossible to say what their teeth would be like without it so you can't really measure performance in any meaningful way  :doh:

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 19:24:55 PM »
We do use it for a meal a week having had at least 9 dentals on the Clan this year and they love it also another good one to try is Royal Canin dentabites they are good to and slightly cheaper than the Hills T/D well in our house anyway as we are now eating 4kgs of biccies a day plus the usual wet
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Tippy (June 2013)
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 19:12:00 PM »
I used to be a VN and found that T/D was a decent food for cats suffering with dental issues. It is however expensive and If your vet says to use it as a treat then I would. Chat to your vet see what they say

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Anyone feed Hills T/D?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 22:54:13 PM »
The boys had their vaccinations a couple of weeks ago and despite Lu having a dental 11 months ago he has tartar build up already  :doh: Riley was booked in for a dental at the same time as Lu, he had the pre-op blood tests but then the vet that was doing the op looked at his teeth and rang me saying she felt they didn't really need doing! So despite Riley's teeth being au-natrel and Lu having a scale and polish less than a year ago, Lu's teeth are worse than Riley's  :Crazy:

Anyway, the vet gave me a sample of Hills T/D to try. He wasn't trying to sell for the sake of it as he said that I wouldn't have to feed it exclusively and could feed it as treats. I put it in the cupboard and forgot about it til now so just opened the packet and both of them LOVE it - Riley had great fun chasing the big treat balls!

Has anyone fed it to their cats, either in place of their old dry food or as treats? Did it make a difference to their teeth?

Link to CatChat