Author Topic: Photos of Oscar's sheddings  (Read 1594 times)

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Photos of Oscar's sheddings
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 07:55:21 AM »
I find clumps on the floor from Mosi so I think it's normal (Mosi and normal in the same sentence?  :Crazy:), especially at this time of year when they are moulting.

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jezabel
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 21:48:06 PM »
ok thanks everyone...you made me feel a lot better about the situation...and here is how crazy Jezabel is...Oscar us asleep on my lap...I am on the floor and jez is on the bed asleep...close enough for me to have a hand on both...yet she is only comfortable when he is asleep...lol....baby steps...

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 21:44:39 PM »
Yes, Pursley is 17 and her fur clumps naturally. As she's never been a natural groomer we have to pin her down to be properly brushed, but no matter how much we do, she's always a scruffy little cat with clumpy fur around her thighs and bottom.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 21:32:17 PM »
I regularly find tufts like that from Tiffany - always from her belly fur - I'm not  even sure she scratches there, as I don't see her doing so - they seem to just drop out of their own accord

but she does have a skin sensitivity, as she develops a bald patch after her annual booster, so I suspect the tufts I find are linked to something - as the loss of fur doesn't seem to bother her, I have never investigated it
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Photos of Oscar's sheddings
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 21:26:52 PM »
Might be worth showing the vet the pics on your phone, when you first mentioned it I thought you meant 'normal' shedding but the pic shows exactly what you mean. I don't think it's necessarily anything to be worried about but worth mentioning it if you're going anyway :)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 21:17:27 PM »
I've never had a cat that's scratched clumps out like that. I definitely check with the vet.

I think it can be caused by stress or food allergy that type of thing. Is his skin looking sore?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 21:21:43 PM by Mymblesdaughter »

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 21:09:56 PM »
I get loads of hair out of my two when I brush them but I've never had little clumps come out like that with them  :-: Is that Oscar's doing rather than your brush's doings?

Yeah the clumps on the carpet is what he is doing. I see him do it when he scratches his throat/belly area with his back feet. When I did it with the glove it was just single hairs not clumps. I checked hos claws(as much as will let me) but they don't seem to be overly long but maybe one of them is ragged and taht's what is taking the hair out in clumps. They aren't huge clumps and some days there are none and some days quite a few. He is going to the vet on Friday to get microchipped so I can ask him too. I don't mind the hair...it's not a problem to clean up I just don't want him to be irritating his skin...and no fleas...I checked.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 19:28:19 PM »
I get loads of hair out of my two when I brush them but I've never had little clumps come out like that with them  :-: Is that Oscar's doing rather than your brush's doings?

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 19:20:47 PM »
Someone mentioned on here a good gadget for removing fur on clothes and furniture a while back can anyone remember what it was? I'm starting my new job in a couple of weeks and it's in a cafe so really need to make sure I don't have cat hairs on me.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 19:13:17 PM »
Yes! The first time we took the furminator to Pursley I swear we could have knitted two whole cats out of what came off her. Did he like it?  :-:

Meant to mention, the rubber glove also gets the fur off your carpets, curtains, cat beds etc as well.

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
Photos of Oscar's sheddings
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 12:44:29 PM »
Ok so here is just from last night. I did buy one of those glove brush things and OMG 2 sweeps and it's full...is this normal?

Link to CatChat