Author Topic: Not nice  (Read 2182 times)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Re: Not nice
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 20:02:27 PM »
They've had collies since I was a teen so they know what they're getting into  ;)
They're the kind of pensioners who find 5 mile walks short unless its all up hill so hopefully they will be able to keep up and teach him how to play and be happy in a loved home. If they cant they have a playing field right behind the house where they can throw balls and run him around when he's more secure

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 19:31:39 PM »
Hope they can cope with a lively young collie  :shify:  Crikey rather them than me. :birth 2:

I wish you all well but had I seen this sooner would have suggested an electronic cat deterrent. These can be motion activated so only emit their sound when the cat turns up to do his business.

There are some things cats detest underfoot. One is slate. People are very keen to use pea gravel for their paths and gardens, of course this is exactly what cats, dogs and foxes love to pee and poo in (just like litter) so a better option is slate. You can buy it in several colours from builders yards and spread a single layer around your plants and the cats don't like walking on it. I've used this myself for my garden path and it works perfectly. I'm inclined to get a different colour to spread over my new veggie patch as my Sam has decided it's his personal convenience.  :-[

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 17:00:51 PM »
Ambercat LOVES Olbus oil! She sucks my pillow when I need it for a cold  :Crazy:

Hopefully though today will find a solution as they're picking up a Dog that needs a home! Im so hoping he's ok and suitable as my Dads been really depressed and down since they lost their last collie so to find a collie that is young, friendly available and doesnt want to work sheep is ideal. The contact came through a shepherdess they know so they'd already said any dog must be ok around sheepas they live near the moors. I dont really know any details yet Im just waiting for them to phone me

love
Tab

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 16:49:21 PM »
I know my cats in the past absolutely hated the smell of Olbus Oil, so maybe find the main ingredient and buy the plant form.  Maybe a sprinkler would work as well, put on a motion senser it would squirt out every time they came close. :evillaugh:  Oh and many garden centers now sell Lion poo for the very job.

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 13:07:27 PM »
cd's sticking out of the soil and broken egg shells so i have heard

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 16:48:37 PM »
Thanks all  :hug:

I agree about eating stuff from there as im odd about things like that anyway. I know Mum will have been out today and dug it up and re-planted her seeds ut even so.
They are thinking of getting another dog which is another reason I dont want Misty to feel at home in their garden  :evillaugh:
I'll mention your suggestions to her and see if that helps. I like the netting idea
love
Tab

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 15:31:10 PM »
I've heard about oranges before but I know Smudge and Bonnie have both come tome after eating an orange before washing my hands.

I like Dawn's suggestion.

No idea if it works but there are metal cats with shiny eyes that you put in the garden to warn other cats off and also some kind of alarm sound thing.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Gorgeous George and Suzi Pusscat
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 11:39:44 AM »
A trip to the local dog shelter for your parents? :evillaugh:

Yeahhhh......lots of wee doglets who DESPERATELY need a home  :Luv2:    Get your parents to watch Paul O'Grady at Batterea Dogs Home on Thursday night (ITV 8.30pm) and it'll make them SO broody they'll be waiting at the doors of their local shelter or scouring the ad mags the next day!  :hug:

I normally cover new plants with twigs or put little sticks in the ground here I don't want them going

Years ago I used to have a neighbour's cat pooping on the surface of my front garden and I solved it when I was sowing my flower seeds by covering them with pea netting on sticks and chicken wire 'cloches'.   It looked a wee bit tatty for a couple of weeks but once the seedlings started growing and began to cover the surface of the bare soil the problem stopped  :Luv:   
  For a veg patch I'd be a bit iffy about eating the veg that someone else's cat has pooped amongst.....you don't know if they have a strict worming regime!!!!!!!  :shocked:  :sick:   
Gilly!

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 10:53:17 AM »
A trip to the local dog shelter for your parents? :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 08:24:21 AM »
I normally cover new plants with twigs or put little sticks in the ground here I don't want them going

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 23:26:11 PM »
Even with Mum banging on the glass she just looks and carrys on. Does her poo and covers it up before walking off.

:evillaugh:

When you find a solution, let me know! Still having a mystery cat pooing on my lawn, even though it's short now  :tired:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 23:08:10 PM »
 :rofl: at last sentence.

You could try citrus cos its said that cats dont like the smell but havent noticed my cats running from oranges lol

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Not nice
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 20:53:14 PM »
but it made me laugh if only for my Mum shouting at the window  :evillaugh:

Last year my parents lost their dog and the local cats seem to be fighting over who's territory it si so Misty comes along, walks up the drive to Mums veg patch and digs a little hole. Even with Mum banging on the glass she just looks and carrys on. Does her poo and covers it up before walking off.
I guess its a different cat but Mum finds surface poo's on her veg beds as well so shes kind of annoyed.

Shes tried Cat pepper and Garlic but as I said Amber loves garlic! She wont try anything toxic but is there anything that puts cats off?

I suggested orange peel as Im sure I heard citrus helped but she doesnt eat oranges.

I know I shouldnt laugh as when the veg and stuff grow I wont be able to think beyond Misty  :sick:

Link to CatChat