Author Topic: Da bird toy?  (Read 3350 times)

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
  • A meow massages the heart
  • Slave to: Motown, Drum & our beautiful baby Bass RIP
Re: Da bird toy?
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 21:17:05 PM »
Traz - we have a Da Bird you can try :-)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 14:29:37 PM »
nice to see you around cc, hope the family and furries are ok - flying frenzy is the same, works for my lot!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 14:23:09 PM »
I think I read that there were problems with importing Da Bird toys. The Flying Frenzies are much the same and the refills fit Da Birds too.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 14:20:26 PM »
Looks like they dont sell Da Bird anymore, but here is the link to the flying frenzy.

If you search the shop there are loads of different attachments!

Happy shopping!  ;)

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/shop/Flying-Frenzy-Wand-Cat-Toy?keyword=flying&category_id=0
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 10:20:14 AM »
Does the shop still sell this? I can find it
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2013, 18:21:52 PM »
I dunno about the pointy end as I've got da bird - how did it go down tho?!

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jezabel
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 15:13:35 PM »
Toy arrived...Jezabel is asleep so I gave it a few tries myself...is the very end of it supposed to be a bit pointy? Or am I holding it too far down?

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 11:14:38 AM »
Ok so on the basis of all your answers I went ahead and bought a frenzy toy.

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 22:31:25 PM »
Only minor problem I have had with flying frenzy is the feather thing coming untied or the string coming untied from the pole. Easy peasy though, just tied and knot and super glued it to keep it from untying again.

Izzy makes a panting noise when she plays as well but I don't think it is tiredness, is like an excited sort of panting, I have seen it on video clips of other cats.  But best take it slowly with Alfie, he doesn't want to overdo it.  Glad he liked it!

X

Maybe it's a concentration noise? My blind cat Oscar makes a huffing noise when he's going downstairs...and he's very slow down stairs so it's not a tired thing! lol

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 20:25:03 PM »
Alfie 'huffs' when he is excited but this is different - real tongue-out panting. I will just have to watch for signs of him getting out of breath. TBH, he is a bit more porky than he should be for such a young cat, so I am trying to get him more active. He's a lazy little beggar, as well as a greedy one (and I love every ounce of him)!

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 19:52:22 PM »
Only minor problem I have had with flying frenzy is the feather thing coming untied or the string coming untied from the pole. Easy peasy though, just tied and knot and super glued it to keep it from untying again.

Izzy makes a panting noise when she plays as well but I don't think it is tiredness, is like an excited sort of panting, I have seen it on video clips of other cats.  But best take it slowly with Alfie, he doesn't want to overdo it.  Glad he liked it!

X

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 17:37:40 PM »
Alfie's frantic Frenzy arrived today, I had problems getting the feather toy attached to the pole - but only cos Alfie was trying to snatch it out of my hand as I was trying to attach it!

He has had a great play session, up + down stairs, on + off the bed, in + out of the room, running, jumping and somersaulting. I had to put a stop to the session cos Alfie was panting, his little pink tongue out -something of which I must be aware in future. He watched very carefully as I put it away, methinks I will have to move it when he's not looking or he will try to help himself.

The 'purrs' shop has Frantic Frenzie's reduced at the moment, cheaper than Amazon or Ebay and  they donate to cat rescue charities, so it's a win-win situation  ;D

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 05:55:35 AM »
Flying Frenzy are the bestest most favourite toy in our house. Poppy is Gold medalist material for the Somersaults, Wordy for Stalking, and Charlie for getting off his lazy bum and playing.lol

We have Ratatouille, feather, big feathers, skeeter and locust. Locust is fav of the week, I changed them around to keep them intested.

I keep it in a drawer and when I open any drawer Poppy comes in and goes nuts until I get it out.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Da bird toy?
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 18:16:55 PM »
Phew...
Yep it is indeed Zooplus.
Is Da Bird really that much better?  Like 600% better?
Well it is their birthdays soon!

If it was £150 v £600 then no,  not worth the extra but at £1.50 v £6 I would defo go for a flying frenzy (UK version of da bird) over the zooplus one - especially as its their Birthday :naughty:

That said it would be madness not to get a flying frenzy mouse or rat attachment at the same time!

Offline Alcatraz

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Butch and Sundance
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 17:38:15 PM »
Phew...
Yep it is indeed Zooplus.
Is Da Bird really that much better?  Like 600% better?
Well it is their birthdays soon!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Da bird toy?
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 17:36:07 PM »
Yep it's fine to post about other sites, as long as they're not your own and you're advertising on the sly :evillaugh: I think the cat danglers are from zooplus? If they are I've tried then and they're OK but I defo think da bird and flying frenzy are a notch above.

Offline Alcatraz

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Butch and Sundance
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 17:09:12 PM »
Not sure if I'm allowed to promote other sites on here  :shify: but I bought two very similar toys for our two from another pet site in the UK...

The toy is called a "cat dangler pole bird" (creative right) and it's the exact same thing...the feathers twist, the pole extends, it's great.  Our two go nuts over them....but I do find they eat the feathers or try to run off with them so I've had to replace and repair a few 'heads'.

They're £1.50 each or £3.50 for three!  Bargain.  At that price I order a few for when they get over excited.  Even our laziest does somersaults trying to catch it!   :shocked:

If I'm allowed to say the other site I'll post it here....advice please...

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 15:24:04 PM »
'Lizacat was very impressed with her Flying Frenzy, Aflie hasn't had his yet.

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 13:29:14 PM »
Both are great toys. Flying frenzy is brilliant... mine got a bit jaded with da bird (but they still love da mouse so we still play with that) but the flying frenzy feather thing
seems to fly much better, it really is like a bird in flight.  Cash isn't so bothered but Izzy goes insane for it, I have never seen her leap up so high.

Between da mouse, flying frenzy and red dot my indoor cats get loads of exercise and I reckon are easily as fit if not fitter than your average outdoor cat, they certainly
look it!

Well recommended.

X
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:33:40 PM by jo.austin2010 »

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Gorgeous George and Suzi Pusscat
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 11:57:56 AM »
I bought a Flying Frenzy for my two and they both go crazy to 'kill' it  :rofl:    I've actually been VERY surprised in watching them too as it turns out George is the bigger hunter  :shocked:   I've always thought he was a rather quiet lad and Suzi was the hunter going on the way she treats her squeaky mice.

I have to keep my Flying Frenzy in the airing cupboard when it's not in use as it wouldn't last two minutes otherwise.....Norty George has already bitten a feather in half  :rofl:

DEFINITELY a must-have toy  8) 
Gilly!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 10:29:36 AM »
I'm just going to collect my package in a few minutes. I have bought one for Alfie and one for my friend's youngest cat who is 2 today (and in remission from lymphoma). Will let you know how they are received.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 20:47:42 PM »
Yes it is absolutely AMAZING! And worth every penny.

I don't know about the Flying Frenzy, but would highly recommend Da bird that comes in one section. I have posted this before, but Dexter took one look at it, grabbed it out of my hands and ran down the garden with it!  :rofl: If was actually 'growling' thinking he had caught a real bird!  :evillaugh:

Denzel has always been partial to other toys on strings, but Dexter was never really interested til da bird arrived. The acrobatics they display when playing with it are truly unbelievable!

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 17:19:42 PM »
Da bird is amazing! Unlike other feathers on strings, this one is somehow aerodynamic so it does actually 'fly' when you wave it around.  I think that's what makes it so much more intriguing and interesting for our furries. 

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 17:16:31 PM »
Cool...when Jezabel was a kitten she lobed balls. My aprtner ad I would each sit at one end of our hallway and roll the ball back and forth and she would go nuts. She would have chased that ball all day long...but then she grew up and grew sneaky and would sit between us so she could get the ball as it passed her...lazy kitty!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 17:15:00 PM »
I have just ordered my first Flying Frenzy, it is currently sitting at the sorting office waiting to be collected. I will let you know what Alfie thinks of it.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 17:13:13 PM »
You won't regret treating her, promise you'll get her the Frenzy mouse too - it'd be cruel not too  :evillaugh:

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 17:11:21 PM »
Thanks!!! Jezabel only likes feather toys and I am always looking for something new.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 17:00:07 PM »
Am I missing something about this toy?

In a word... yes! It really has to be seen in action to be appreciated - check out some of the online reviews. It really isn't just another 'feather on a stick' type toy, the second I get it out my two are squeaking and yelping then pawing at the cupboard door when it goes away. They flip through the air like acrobats chasing after it and growl when they catch it.

There's not just Da Bird, there's Da Mouse too which - although it doesn't seem possible is even more popular than Da Bird!

The Purrs shop has the UK version of the Da Bird - Flying Frenzy  (they are the UK supplier for Da Bird too but there's difficulty in obtaining stocks in recent times). Flying Frenzy is actually even better than Da Bird as it's better quality, produced in the UK and cheaper  ;D

Flying Frenzy rod with feather attachment - http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/shop/Flying-Frenzy-Wand-Cat-Toy?keyword=flying%20frenzy&category_id=0

Flying Frenzy mouse attachment - http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/shop/Frenzy-Mousie-Refill-Fits-Frenzy-DaBird-Cat-Toys

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
Da bird toy?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 16:52:39 PM »
Am I missing something about this toy? Is it dipped in gold or an actual bird on a string? I mean I have lots of feathers on a stick or at the end of a string and none of them cost £8!!! I looked at youtube videos but I couldn't tell...lol

Link to CatChat