Author Topic: Just had to share this....  (Read 14448 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Just had to share this....
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 00:50:36 AM »
So, what've you called him?  :-: :innocent: :hug:

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 14:21:58 PM »
I believe the fleas should go within 24 hours of you applying Frontline(was that what you used?lol)

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Misty
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »
How did you get on Paul?  :allears: Is he/she staying with you for now?

Well not really much to say, he really has taken a shine to me though  :Luv2:

I'm gonna get a paper collar on him today and printed out his pictures to pin up locally, there is a farm at the end of our road so it's possible hes an outdoor cat from there so might go an enquire.

He was waiting for us last night when I got home from the gym and was straight up to me rubbing against me, went mad for food then basically sat outside the house on the drive the rest of the evening and everytime I opened the back door he came running up to it.

When I went to bed I heard him talking/crying outside so I went down, opened the front room window and he put his paws on the wall and grabbed my hand with his paw.....god I was nearly in tears. I'd love to let him in but I don't want him in if he's still got fleas etc.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 23:13:12 PM »
How did you get on Paul?  :allears: Is he/she staying with you for now?

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 13:39:03 PM »
When I took a stray to my vets to check him for a chip they took him away from me!  It was dreadful, I sobbed and sobbed and made quite a spectacle of myself!
They let me have him back after 10 days though and we found him a lovely home as he wasn't really suitable for us, being an outdoor cat. He was the most gorgeous cat... it was because of him that I joined this forum in fact!

If he has no chip and if you have put notes round locally trying to locate his owners and done everything reasonable to locate them I would maybe let him live in an outhouse or shed in the first instance.  Then if nobody comes forward then keep him.

If his owners cared they'd be trying their best to find him so if your local vets or sanctuary have had no reports and there are no posters around then they are not trying very hard and deserve to lose him in my opinion.

He is a real cutie!

X

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 10:24:17 AM »
He's a lovely cat and clearly knows where he wants to live! Why don't you just save time and accept the inevitable now?

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 08:50:48 AM »
Just don't let the RSPCA take him in whatever you do, he'll be on death row before you know it.  :scared:

To be honest, Paul I wouldn't risk going anywhere near the RSPCA with him, I've seen some dreadful reports of cats being taken in on the promise of being re-homed then destroyed even though the finder was willing to take the cat on permanently, just because the finder didn't have a catflap/garden etc.  >:(

All you need is the chip scanner and sexing. Your vet may well do this for free and will give hime a quick health check at the same time.  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 23:24:17 PM »
Oh dear, you've named him  :scared: Slippery slope  :evillaugh:

He's lovely and very cuddly bless him!  :Luv2: I think a paper collar is the route to go down, he looks pretty chunky so he might be a serial breakfast-er rather than lost.

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 22:26:15 PM »
Well he came back again tonight, as soon as I opened the back door he was up the drive and meowing at the back door. This time though he was following me around as I moved around the garden and was being VERY affectionate, as you can see on this video, which I will apologise in advance for A. my feet being in shot and B. the garden needs mowing, I've already had a bollocking from my wife about that  :shy:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFB5t_B___k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NFB5t_B___k</a>

Then when I'd fed him he didn't want to leave! So I made a lame attempt at making him some shelter, sure he wouldn't use it but just a minute later I looked :

I'm gonna ring the RSPCA in the morning and see what they recommend.

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 12:46:01 PM »
He's back again today :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oW4SZf3qME8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oW4SZf3qME8</a>

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 21:07:10 PM »
Oh bless you both  :) You need to know if he's chipped, though. Bank holiday week-end is against you.  :doh: Poor mite is lost and looking for his Dadz.  :(

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 21:00:44 PM »
Ignore that link :

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 20:56:30 PM »
Haven't seen him for 2 days and was starting to worry, just opened the back door to pop out and.....he was there meowing at me.

http://db.tt/q7yKGRni

Fed him and put some flea/tick stuff on in the process but gonna canvas the area to see if anyone owns him.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 15:26:32 PM »
the poor thing wanders the neighbourhood so I'd hope it belongs to someone, if not then I don't know what I'll do, it's so cute I'll want to adopt it!

You've some great photos. To help with posters for him, why not post him on the National Pet register as a Found pet (he clearly is not feral if you can get that close to him). www.nationalpetregister.org Their site has a "create your own flyer" facility which is dead easy to use.

This is the post I created for my Tuffers, who as you know is still with me.

http://www.nationalpetregister.org/fp/29404.htm

AnimalSearchUK is the other big lost and found site. You might also want to read your local Bumtree lost and found site (warning - don't whatever you do start reading the cats and kittens for sale though, it will kill you!) as his owner may have posted him on there.

Once he's de-flead the next logical step is to get him checked for a microchip at your nearest vet. This will be free and they will also tell you his sex and whether he's neutered. If no chip, and no-one claims him after advertising him locally for seven days, you can have him neutered as a stray and adopt him yourself.  :innocent:

He is very cute.  :Luv2:

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 15:06:04 PM »
Thanks Sheila! I've just bought some flea/tick stuff from Pets At Home on my lunch, it trusts me enough that I'll be able to put it on it's neck no problem :)

Yeah I'm gonna do that or stick a sign up, the poor thing wanders the neighbourhood so I'd hope it belongs to someone, if not then I don't know what I'll do, it's so cute I'll want to adopt it!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 15:01:12 PM »
Paul you can squeeze one of these on his neck while he's feeding.

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/effipro-spot-on-cat-flea-treatment-pack-of-4.html

quote FLEA13 at the checkout and get an extra 10% off until 31st May. Free delivery. Nice idea to treat your two at the same time as they will have succumbed to a share of his itchy friends by now.

I think you're doing the right thing. You could print a paper collar from the RSPCA site and stick it on him with a bit ot sellotape?

http://www.rspca-bristoldogsandcatshome.org.uk/uploads/documents/1239288412_MicrosoftWordPapercollar1.pdf

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 13:10:38 PM »
Poor cat and ticks can be life threatening I believe if they are not removed correctly.

Why cant people look after their cats and love them like we do

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 10:21:24 AM »
I'm gonna get it something for that and fleas, right now I don't care if someone owns it as they clearly aren't looking after it properly. I just don't have it in me to not do something. It's been on our doorstep day and night for 4 days straight now (probably partly my fault for feeding it) but I'm more and more convinced it's either living rough or gets no love/attention at all.

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 10:06:39 AM »
Poor little thing,maybe you could treat it for these nasty things?

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 07:20:07 AM »
I was in London yesterday and Wednesday but it was back yesterday morning when I left and again in the evening according to my wife and it was there yesterday morning. Just came down to feed our 2 and there it was again waiting on the doorstep meowing.

I'm even more convinced it's a stray as it ate some biscuits I gave it like it was it's last ever meal and it let me stroke it, it's covered in tics and fleas  :(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 17:02:01 PM »
You tried putting a paper collar on him Paul? He might really be lost.  :scared:

He must be shovelling it in to get it quite so far up his face, so maybe he is actually starving?  :(

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 08:37:02 AM »
Awwww!

Opened the back door this morning and it came legging it up the drive and sat there looking at me. Bold as brass strolled right past me into the back room and started munching on biscuits!

Part of me feels sorry for it and part of me thinks I should chase it off so it doesn't get too friendly with strangers.....

Its so cute though!

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 08:33:38 AM »
 :innocent:

Love the expression!

Actually, we have a similar thing going on at the moment. Two kittens have moved in a few doors down. They're just at that really cute adolecemt stage and one of them in particular (we call him Wilbur as I don't know what his real name is) is into everyhing, and has become rather obsessed with our Munchkin. He calls round at least once per day and won't go away until The Munchkin has 'played' with him for a while. Last weekend I gave our Munchkin some tuna as a treat- he was eating it on the garden table but when I next looked Wilbur had his head in the bowl as well. There was a real battle going on as to who could eat it most quickly. I think they met in the middle in the end  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 00:12:59 AM »
I thought it was blood at first  :scared: Then realised it looked like a lump of cat food  :evillaugh:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 23:32:12 PM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 15:45:02 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 13:21:04 PM »
Wassunt me.  :she did it: :notme:

Very good, very good indeed.  :rofl:

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
Just had to share this....
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 12:57:24 PM »
There's a fair few cats around our way, in excess of 30 within a 50 house radius so it's not uncommon to see cats in our garden that I don't recognise but the other week I opened the back door to find a cat sat on our door step like it was our own. It meowed at me and I crouched down and played with it for a bit, it was quite nervous though but eventually it ventured into our kitchen but I didn't let it stay long as I didn't want it getting too familiar and brave with strangers houses (especially unsavoury people).

It sat outside our backdoor for nearly 2 hours and every time I opened the door it meowed at me with the "I'm hungry" voice so eventually I caved in and put some biscuits down for it. Big mistake possibly but I'm a soft touch.

Anyway, I've seen it around lately and didn't give it any more thought. This morning I came down to feed our 2 and opened the back door to put the litter out as it was messy and I couldn't face it at 7:30am, so I left the door open halfway to air the place out while I fed ours.

Went in the back room and fed our 2 and as I turned back to the kitchen door I spot this :

It sat there meowing at me again with a definite element of "feed me mofo!!!!". I caved in again and hand fed it some biscuits as it looked so helpless but I went into the back room to do something on the PC and heard a munching sound, looked over and it had come into the kitchen, into the back room and was finishing off Portia's brekkie! When I stood up it legged it back outside and suffice to say I think it looks guilty :

:rofl:

I felt sorry for the poor thing but I don't want it getting too friendly! Cute cat though :)

Paul.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:57:55 PM by peejay1977 »

Link to CatChat