Author Topic: I miss my girls!  (Read 3149 times)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Re: I miss my girls!
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 16:20:14 PM »
Can't BT send you a wifi dongle to use while your waiting for your connection? If they messed up you'd think they'd be able to supply something so at least you can have a temporary connection.

From my experience of them this week, I don't think they'd know what a dongle was if they found one in their soup! They won't even admit they've messed up, they keep coming up with different stories but are taking no responsibility. Don't worry, when I get my head together I will be writing them a very strong letter of complaint, from my work email address (which is a government consumer watchdog!).

Mary, we've probably had way too much wine but it's the only thing that makes it all bearable!

I can't wait to let the girls out in the garden but that's going to have to wait a couple of weeks. OH is going away for a week and I'm not going to risk it while he's not here (if anything happened to them, especially Bass, he would leave me!).
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 16:14:11 PM »
Glad everything went  to plan and that the girls are enjoying their new home  ;D Bummer about the internet, my broadband was broken for a few days last week and it really hit home home how much I rely on it for banking, shopping , finding stuff out... oh and Purrs of course!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 14:45:28 PM »
I'm sure everything will fall in to place soon.  :hug:

Have plenty of breaks and glasses of wine and cream cakes and playtime with D&B and you'll be ok  :rofl:

Glad you liked the pics  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 12:54:11 PM »
Can't BT send you a wifi dongle to use while your waiting for your connection? If they messed up you'd think they'd be able to supply something so at least you can have a temporary connection.

My work computer came with a mi-fi device that connects to the vodafone network- simples! We also have a virgin dongle which OH uses when he's away from home with his netbook.

Glad you're in and settling though, and that the girls have decided they like it.  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 12:41:05 PM »
Yes BT and isp messed up when I moved here and the number wasnt even changing!

Anyway so pleased that you are there and hope the cats are enjoying themselves  ;D ;D

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 11:53:58 AM »
Have had to pay for an internet connection so have interwebs for one day - yipee! BT royally  :censored: up the whole process, both for us and for the bloke who moved out of the place we've moved into, I think I've been on the phone to them four times in two days and almost everyone I spoke to was incompetent. >:( Bottom line is they can't give us a new number till 14 May so our internet provider can't transfer the service until then.

The move itself went okay, but we're having to cram ourselves into a smaller home so it's very messy. The girls are fine - feliway plug-ins have definitely helped - and they're having fun going up and downstairs (no stairs in our last place). They're super-affectionate and giving us lots of attention. They're even friendlier with each other (that probably won't last!).

Thanks again for all your good wishes, and thank you Mary for the lovely good luck pics!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 11:57:34 AM by jezebel »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 23:26:31 PM »
So pleeased the move went well and I remember the probs with my connection when I moved........sigh

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 22:36:06 PM »
 :) I have been following this, but have only really moved once, and without any cats! Hope you all get settled quickly and enjoy your new home  :hug:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 22:15:55 PM »
Suspect no internet connection!
Exactly that! Struggling with mobile phone connection  as no internet for two weeks. D&B settling in well, better than I am anyway! Thanks for all your good wishes.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 16:43:59 PM »
I do hope it all went well and the cats are home now.  They will be doing the unpacking :tired:, apparently you have to get it all sorted in the first 48 hours or it just wont get done.

I don't know what the catteries are like here but some of the American ones are so gorgious you wouldn't believe, with their own little themed rooms, heat pads, climbing trees etc. :Luv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 17:56:11 PM »
Ha! of course, my dear Sherlock. That'll be it!  :idea:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 17:01:27 PM »
Suspect no internet connection!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 12:21:49 PM »
Probably too busy trying to work out which box contains the kettle!   ;)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 10:37:14 AM »
Are you in?  :-: Do tell  :shy:

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 07:29:06 AM »
Best wishes for you all in your new home. Hope the girls settle in quickly.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 01:44:20 AM »
Hmmm, wonder what D&B will think of the 3 next door?  ;)

Plenty of Dreamies for their return home I hope.  :rofl:

Good luck

Mary

Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 19:06:16 PM »
hope its all gone well!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 16:34:20 PM »
Hope its going well. Must say you're certainly being lucky with the weather!  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 23:59:07 PM »
Was sure I posted on this earlier today  :doh: I essentially said good luck with the move, commented on how quickly it has all happened and said that the girls will be fine and that I hoped you'd all be very happy in your new home together  :hug:

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 20:41:42 PM »
I absolutely hate it. The last time I moved I mistakenly left the kitchen bin. Didn't realise till the next day so phoned them up to ask if it was there and she said yes but she thought it was included in the fixtures and fittings!!!
I just left if as if she was skanky enough to want to keep hold of a bin from Ikea which belonged to someone else then she was welcome to it.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 19:21:08 PM »
They're probably going to enjoy the new home more than I will! I hate moving, I spend the whole time worrying what it will be like

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 16:51:36 PM »
Good luck with the move! They are going to enjoy exploring when you get them home.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 16:44:41 PM »
Zylkene added to food for a few days beforehand might help to de-stress them. I totally understand why you've opted for the cattery though. It's stressful enough for humans when we move, and we're supposed to know what we're doing!  :hug:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 16:18:06 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'm going to miss them most when I go to bed and they're not there.

Poor Drum was so stressed, she pooped in her carrier. She's never done that before. Next time, I'm getting them a tranquiliser (and one for me!).

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 15:49:12 PM »
Hope the move goes like a dream and they will be back with you before you blink  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 13:05:56 PM »
Good luck with the move.  You will soon have them back with you and they'll have a whole new house to explore!  ;D

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 11:32:27 AM »
Thank you!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 11:29:14 AM »
Aw, it won't be long. And they will be soo happy to be back with you they'll probably forget all about it in their new house.  ;D

Wishing you a seamless transit tomorrow. xx

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
I miss my girls!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:07:03 AM »
We're moving house tomorrow so my girls went to the cattery this mornng. It's only been an hour and I miss them already! :(

Mind you, they have some gorgous neighhours - three British Shorthair silver tabbies. It took us ages to leave cos we were looking at all the wonderful cats!

Link to CatChat