Author Topic: Crikey those valerian toys stink!  (Read 2564 times)

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jezabel
Re: Crikey those valerian toys stink!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 16:09:59 PM »
They do pong. Mine are kept in several bags and only come out for a few minutes a week.  The cats adore it though, but like catnip it is a very short frenzied "high" so thankfully they can go back into their bags dripping with drool until next time  (the valerian toys that is, not the cats!)

X

Oh my gosh yes!! I have neevr seen a cat drool so much...it's like puppy drool!

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 12:33:22 PM »
They do pong. Mine are kept in several bags and only come out for a few minutes a week.  The cats adore it though, but like catnip it is a very short frenzied "high" so thankfully they can go back into their bags dripping with drool until next time  (the valerian toys that is, not the cats!)

X

Offline onyx

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Fonzie and Chloe, plus Amber and Izzie the doggies
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 14:34:42 PM »
haha, i wasn't serious!

Would a local cat shelter not take the toy?  I bet the cats would love it!

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 14:29:36 PM »
awe, don't throw the toy out!! you should have donated it to a rescue, or to a fonzie!  he would have been your best friend FOREVER.

Valerian doesnt bother me that much - i mean it doesn't smell GREAT or anything, but much preferable to what amber enjoys, which is rolling around in fresh poo.....
Well it's just in my little trash basket in the living room so you're welcome to it...It won't cost hardly anything to post it you. If you're comfortable sending your address to me and have decided I am not a kitty stalker you can message it to me here.
x

Offline onyx

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Fonzie and Chloe, plus Amber and Izzie the doggies
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 11:47:34 AM »
awe, don't throw the toy out!! you should have donated it to a rescue, or to a fonzie!  he would have been your best friend FOREVER.

Valerian doesnt bother me that much - i mean it doesn't smell GREAT or anything, but much preferable to what amber enjoys, which is rolling around in fresh poo.....

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 11:01:14 AM »
We have two valerian toys which are kept wrapped in plastic bags on a very high shelf!

Valerian is the only thing Bass is interested in - she's not impressed by catnip or any toys so we keep the valerian for her. Spoilt rotten, that cat!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 09:25:46 AM »
Valerian is  :sick: Tan once sent me a valerian toy to trial for the shop and it was disgusting, I love my boys but there are limits to my love and valerian is one of them  :evillaugh:

Do you think Oscar is totally blind or might he be able to see shadows?

Oh I agree I have already thrown teh toy out...yukky. You know I sort of wondered about taht because soemtimes he does look like he is trying to focus but then I will let him out to wander a new room and he'll bang straight into the leg of a table so I just cannot tell.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 23:27:22 PM »
Valerian is  :sick: Tan once sent me a valerian toy to trial for the shop and it was disgusting, I love my boys but there are limits to my love and valerian is one of them  :evillaugh:

Do you think Oscar is totally blind or might he be able to see shadows?

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 15:16:49 PM »
Oh forgot he was blind  :-[ :-[

Probably beneath him but its still very early days yet

LOL...oh well if all he wants to do is sleep and get scratched and groomed then what makes him happy makes me happy! I just don't wnt him to be bored...lol

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 15:07:13 PM »
Oh forgot he was blind  :-[ :-[

Probably beneath him but its still very early days yet

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 15:04:20 PM »
Bed mice? Hands under teh covers? That's gonna be hard with a blind cat!!! LOL...I have tried bells and balls and crinkly toys and smelly toys. Maybe he just doesn't like to play...perhaps it's beneath him?  :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 14:59:53 PM »
Yes they do and my cats dont like them.

You can teach a cat to play but it takes a long time and some cats just dont like to.

Best way is bed mice  :innocent:

Catnip is also not liked by all cats.

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
Crikey those valerian toys stink!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 14:41:43 PM »
I bought a valerian cat toy and a honeysuckle and catnip one from here the other day and boy does the valerian one stink! Both cats loved the honeysuckle/catnip one but only Jez liked the valerian one...I however do NOT! It smells like death to me....when she's not playing with it I have to keep it wrapped up in 4 plastic baggies and I can STILL smell it!!! LOL Oscar is not interested in the valerian one and even though he rubs his head against the catnip one he doesn't play with it like Jez does. when she gets hold of catnip she's on the floor rubbing and purring and killing it with her back legs...I wonder if no-one ever taught Oscar how to play? It's so sad.  :(

Link to CatChat