Author Topic: It's Taken Six Months...  (Read 4622 times)

Offline shirleyp01

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: sammy and abbie
Re: It's Taken Six Months...
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 09:46:13 AM »
Thank you for sharing these photos with us.  They are beautiful to see.
Our two never intentionally slept together but Abigail had a way of being wherever her sister was and used to wash herself so that she could turn over and around until she was close to Samantha. was always funny to watch.
Abigail passed away in November last year and i so miss watching her antics.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 22:04:35 PM »
They are gorgeous and love each pic for a different reason but the one on the blanket just looks like 2 pieces of a jigsaw stuck together  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 17:47:57 PM »
Yorkies are characters alright. He was a proper bossy boots. The cats thought the world of him. He had a massive bark for such a tiny dog. Its nice if they all get along. :hug:

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Gorgeous George and Suzi Pusscat
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 11:48:17 AM »
My toy yorkie was 19 when he left me and the two cats. They had known him since kittens.He was quite a tough cookie and a bossy boots. The cats used to leap over him and push him out of his basket by the fire, so they could get in. He soon got back in his basket though. The cats even tried washing him sometimes :rofl: The cats had snuggled in baskets and washed each other for long years and bully did well to go on another five years nearly after her mate went at Christmas 2001. This cat Billy is a spoilt pet. He keeps dropping hints about his 7th birthday coming up on the 21st May. :rofl: After a big present I think.  :shify:

Awwww we had a yorkie when I was 12 and he was SUCH a character  :naughty:     Then when I left home at 19 I had a couple of jack russells, Buster & Heidi, who came home to us at 6 weeks and our two adlt cats, Dillon & Lucifer, just accepted them no problem.  It was comical seeing this pile of multi-coloured fur in front of the fire  :briggin:    Buster especially liked Lucifer who was 3 times his size and they would have wrestling matches  :rofl:    Not sure if George & Suzi would ever be like this so perhaps I might get two pups at once so they keep each other company and play with each other instead of trying to swing from a cat's tail  :doh:   Or if I can find a couple of cat-friendly adults from chihuahua rescue that'll do perfect......just miss having a dog SO much  :(
Gilly!

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
: (How long have you had your two?

George came home to us on 9th September 2012 so approx coming up to 8 months now.   Suzi joined us a few weeks later on 23rd October 2012 so just over 6 months for her.  Must admit, I haven't seen the snuggling up in the same bed anymore but at least I have photographic proof it happened!!!  :rofl:   PARRT's vet reckons they are both between 3-5 years old. 

I think you must have a very happy kitty household if you are witness to this!

Awww thank you.....that's what we are aiming for  :Luv2:    We're going to do some cat-friendly improvements to our flat in the coming months to make it more fun for them both  :Luv:
Gilly!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 04:05:11 AM »
My toy yorkie was 19 when he left me and the two cats. They had known him since kittens.He was quite a tough cookie and a bossy boots. The cats used to leap over him and push him out of his basket by the fire, so they could get in. He soon got back in his basket though. The cats even tried washing him sometimes :rofl: The cats had snuggled in baskets and washed each other for long years and bully did well to go on another five years nearly after her mate went at Christmas 2001. This cat Billy is a spoilt pet. He keeps dropping hints about his 7th birthday coming up on the 21st May. :rofl: After a big present I think.  :shify:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 23:54:26 PM »
 : (How long have you had your two?

I have two siblings coming up 3 and they no longer cuddle up to each other  :(

I think you must have a very happy kitty household if you are witness to this!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline onyx

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Fonzie and Chloe, plus Amber and Izzie the doggies
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 20:58:09 PM »
mine have been together almost 3 years and have never purposely cuddled.... (well, not in front of me at least!) i can get them to both sit on the bed... and one time i forced them to lay next to each other... but that didnt last long!!!

my dream would be for them to cuddle, and to have a big cuddle pile with the dog as well, but i dont think that will happen.

my sister adopted two cats, about a year apart, and they were cuddling within a  month :(

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 20:47:06 PM »
My two were mates from the first week they met. It was a very happy life for them and the yorkie terrier at that time. :hug:

I'd love a dog too but will be going for a tiny breed like a chiuhuahua or yorkie when I do.....and probably get a puppy so George & Suzi can get used to her from the start  :Luv2:   

Gilly!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 01:51:36 AM »
My two were mates from the first week they met. It was a very happy life for them and the yorkie terrier at that time. :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 21:54:10 PM »
Our previous cats were littermates and they never cuddled up together in 19 years!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 19:44:48 PM »
My previous two looked just the same.  They used to sit facing each other on the gas fire in those days. They had been together since 8 weeks but not related. Lovely pictures :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 01:01:12 AM »
Wonderful pictures and they look great together  ;D

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »
It hasn't happened anymore but they WILL sit next to each other on the windowsill.  Big difference from when Suzi first came home as George was scared of her and kept running away and she had come from a house where she'd been bullied by other cats so she was determined NOT to let it happen again!!!!  The first four/five weeks were VERY stressful for me as I felt guilty for George being unhappy but Suzi was an absolute sweetheart with us so it was awkward  :scared:   
  Then, one Sunday lunchtime, I came home from work and they were sitting next to each other  ;D   And things have just got better ever since and they now play together and sleep on our bed (tho' not snuggled up) and things are lovely and calm  :Luv2:

First Week! *excuse the mess....one of our cluttered phases when we had far too much stuff for a small flat!  :-[

If I don't look the Scary Monster might go away!

Truce?

Christmas Day....they got bored with Downton Abbey!  :Luv2:

Watching Cat Tv ~ their dvd of mice/butterflies & fish.

Sometimes I just cannot get near my computer!!!

On our bed....they both love that furry throw!  :Luv2:

Gilly!

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 10:50:34 AM »
aww it's lovely when they finally accept each other. I hope they have many more snugglings  :Luv:
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 21:53:09 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

The tabby has amazing markings  ;D ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
It's Taken Six Months...
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 21:51:27 PM »
Bless! They do look very cosy together :luv2:

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
It's Taken Six Months...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 21:20:19 PM »
.....but look at what I saw on Sunday morning - my two angels cuddled up in the same bed  :Luv2:

In reality....I'd chaged the blankets in this bed the previous day and replaced them with a soft fleece and both cats love it!   On Sunday morning Suzi was in the bed and George, tabby, on the windowsill.  As I sat having my breakfast George decided he wanted to be in THAT bed so jumped down from the window, looked at me and miaowed and when I said ''I'm not shifting your sister!'' he begrudgingly climbed into the bed and curled up next to her.....with a look of disgust on his face at having to share a bed with a GIRL!!!  :rofl:   
  They stayed like this for over an hour too.....just SO glad I managed to get a photo as hubby Neil would never have believed me otherwise!  :naughty:

Gilly!

Link to CatChat