Author Topic: Team Cat Rescue  (Read 7006 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Team Cat Rescue
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 18:37:40 PM »
She looks like a pedigree: Himalayan or ragdoll? Anyway she's beautiful.  :(

Have you thought of TNRing some of the ferals in the Hubert, Dawlish, Tiverton and Heeley Road area of Selly Oak? There are quite a few of them, though not as many as there were a few years ago. Six of them are my monsters, so please scan any you trap - mine are all chipped, though the chips may have migrated - as mine give every appearance of being feral. They used to be, and are still wary of strangers and hate being picked up.

Keep up the good work. I had to stop rescuing; kept falling in love and keeping them.  :Luv2:
The ferals need friends.  :hug:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 20:15:23 PM »
 :welcome: Team Cat Rescue, sounds like you do wonderful work  :)  :hug:

What is wrong with some people?  :Crazy: It seems to be more and more prevalent that people think it's OK just to dump their pets in carry boxes, hoping for the best I guess  >:(

I'm not surprised you're tempted to keep her though, she's adorable  :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 16:24:56 PM »
she is lovely  :Luv2:

Offline Teamcat

• Cat Rescue
  • Kitten
  • Slave to: Jessica, Ceredwyn & lots of foster cats
Can You belive it????
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 16:23:42 PM »
We got a phone call this morning, someone had abandoned a cat in a carrier on the doorstep of a Gregg's bakers shop?????
So I jump in the ambulance to go and pick up what we were told was a kitten.
When I got there, the cat had been taken in by the petshop next door, and I found a little girl, between 4-6 months old, and stunningly beautiful!
How someone could abandon this beautiful girl is just beyond me?
As you can see below.

We are going to keep this one  :sneaky:

Offline Teamcat

• Cat Rescue
  • Kitten
  • Slave to: Jessica, Ceredwyn & lots of foster cats
Team Cat Rescue
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 14:42:38 PM »
Hi everyone. We are Team Cat Rescue, a small but very active voluntary rescue group based in and around the Birmingham area.
Our aim is to catch and neuter as many feral cats as we can.
We generally release them if we know they have a food source and shelter, which most of them do.
We also supply food to the kind folks that feed the ferals.
Any that are friendly enough, we try to bring in and foster them, with a view to getting them homed eventually.

As an example, in the past 2 weeks, I've caught 8 feral cats, all have been neutered, flea and worm treated, and have been released where I caught them.

I'm hoping to start a blog of sorts here, for anyone who is interested, (if you are interested, that is)

I personally foster some of the more awkward cats, which tend to be fostered long term, to get them ready for their forever homes.

Everything we do, is done on a voluntary basis, so we are all looking for new ways to raise funds, or donations.

We have a lot of photo's of our foster cats on our facebook page, which you can find here....

http://www.facebook.com/TeamCatRescue

We also have a homing page on CatChat which you can find here....

http://www.catchat.org/teamcat/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 16:32:44 PM by Teamcat »

Link to CatChat