Author Topic: changing food  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: changing food
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 12:28:20 PM »
I will have to see if they are on Amazons list cos yes will be very useful for items that wont go through the door and they are open late.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 10:22:05 AM »
grumpy or not, Gill, it would be very convenient for you, surely, and you can return stuff the same way - I do that if I want to return something too small for a courier, as Spar shops are more accessible than the Post Office
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 17:00:14 PM »
have you checked out Amazon? you can opt to collect quite a lot of things from certain drop off places, and in particular Spar shops, which stay open late, and are located all over the place - there are even two in Carmarthen!!

details here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=pu_200742950_faq_how?nodeId=200742950#general

My goodness I have one at the bottom of the road but its very small and they are grumpy and very unpleasent!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 14:16:02 PM »
I have used amazon before but didn't realise you could collect, will check it out thanks!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 14:05:46 PM »
have you checked out Amazon? you can opt to collect quite a lot of things from certain drop off places, and in particular Spar shops, which stay open late, and are located all over the place - there are even two in Carmarthen!!

details here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=pu_200742950_faq_how?nodeId=200742950#general
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 14:11:41 PM by Kay&3Ts »
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 13:08:32 PM »
oh I know you are right Kay!  but feel I just have to try, I have no issue with felix (well apart from I'm cross with purina for downsizing the jumbo box from 48 to 44 for the "customers benefit"!) but buying it from zooplus isn't cost effective and I use zooplus for everything else so was hoping to just have one delivery per month, my poor neighbours must be sick of taking in parcels for me as I'm at work all day!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 11:05:26 AM »
good luck with that, Dawn - I  have a cupboard full of different foods but none of them are liked by all three of mine, even the treats,  except Encore Tuna, which upsets Trigger's tum

they will all eat RC12+,  though,  although only Trigger qualifies age-wise - I think it is the different texture of the biccies rather than the taste
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 09:31:09 AM »
I agree with the sentiment Gill but I'm trying to make my life easier by getting them all to eat the same, getting the food delivered and having less waste and as I'm paying and they aren't I do have a say!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 01:06:17 AM »
I would persevere with the mixing in and maybe cut back on the biccies to try and force their hand paw!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 19:19:03 PM »
Feed what is liked by the cats and not what you want them to eat  :Dont know:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 18:56:18 PM »
amber is now loving bozita, we have rabbit, crayfish and turkey at the moment and she likes them all - but what do I do with the other three??? I have tried mixing a small amount in with felix which results in them going hungry and putting it underneath felix with the obvious outcome of them eating what's on top and leaving the bozita, they are definately eating more dry food because of it as well which wasn't really the idea - anyone got a plan????

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 13:21:43 PM »
thanks helen will try some of those, am going to keep trying the others although even when I mix it with felix they all seem to be able to pick out the felix!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 13:17:32 PM »
That's good to hear, just a shame you can't get them all eating the same  :doh: Just had a look on the Zooplus website and out of the flavours they currently do here are the boys verdicts  :naughty:

The flavours they like and have eaten for years with no probs:

Chicken liver
Crayfish
Perch
Haddock

The newer flavours recently bought out that they like and have been eating for a few months with no probs:

Rabbit
Lamb
Turkey
Mackerel
Salmon & Muscles

The ones they like but seem to give them a dodgy tum (both duck & elk are a much darker chunk):

Duck
Elk
Chicken (rich in chicken as opposed to chicken liver)

The one they won't eat:

Minced Beef

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 12:59:42 PM »
amber is now managing to eat bozita at every meal and isn't being sick any more although think I'd like to try her on other flavours which perhaps are a bit less rich - which were the flavours your boys liked helen that didn't upset them?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 08:24:51 AM »
small portions seem to be the trick - she isn't worried about anyone stealing it, she is queen bee!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 18:50:49 PM »
Mine wont touch those!

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dotty and Blue. My other lovelies Dixie,Jasper & Rosie R.I.P
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 17:36:59 PM »
All our cat food in GB could have so much better meat and nutritional content if the companies listened to real owners and not their marketing departments. How many big cats do you see eating Dried Beet Pulp or Chicory Root????????? Just looked at the New Sheba Fresh Choice packs which I have bought 8.5% protein in those, majority derivatives, I dread to think....Very poor

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 17:21:25 PM »
And a massive difference from Whiskers of 4% and I still think far too rich for her tummy

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dotty and Blue. My other lovelies Dixie,Jasper & Rosie R.I.P
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 17:16:38 PM »
If she is instantly throwing up after eating it, she is either gobbling it down because she does not want the other cats to get it because she is enjoying it so much or it's too rich for her as I have looked at this food and it says that it's up to 94% meat where as our english wet cat food is usually 75% water and not much else even the premium brands, a very big difference........

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 15:49:22 PM »
it was the saver pack (obviously!) just says chicken in jelly on the email will check when I get home, she seems ok that end, its just the instant throwing up!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 15:43:14 PM »
its chicken, I was hoping it would have wider appeal with all four but unfortunately only she likes its!  I have her a much smaller amount last night and she was fine so hopefully that is the way to go

Think there's two types of chicken - 'chicken liver' and 'rich in chicken', it's the rich in chicken one that gives my two a dodgy tummy  :shify: They're fine on the chicken liver and about 6 or 7 other flavours.

Shame the others won't eat it too  :tired:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 08:26:22 AM »
its chicken, I was hoping it would have wider appeal with all four but unfortunately only she likes its!  I have her a much smaller amount last night and she was fine so hopefully that is the way to go

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 16:37:47 PM »
I would definitely add it very gradually to her normal food, not for palatability reasons but as it's quite rich so her tummy may take a bit of time getting used to it.

Just out of interest what flavour was it? My two have Bozita but there's one or two flavours that give them runny bums so I stick to the flavours I know they're OK with.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 13:58:58 PM »
she does really enjoy it, maybe I'll trying giving her smaller portions and she if she can keep it down, she was sick on oh in bed on saturday morning  :evillaugh:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 13:57:55 PM »
or perhaps just regurgitating it because she ate it too quickly - I had a Siamese cat once who loved plaice,  but would gobble it up so quickly that it often came straight back again
Robert A. Heinlein:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 13:55:35 PM »
It sounds like its too rich foer her

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
changing food
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 13:15:50 PM »
whats the best way, Amber loved the bozita I got for her but threw up both times I gave it to her within a matter of minutes, should I be adding it slowly I thought because she liked it just eating it would be ok, she is back on whiskas and has been fine

Link to CatChat