Author Topic: Serial Cat Killer in Essex  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Serial Cat Killer in Essex
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 12:39:56 PM »

I don't know why, but it's a sad fact that "cat-haters" tend to be far more vehement in their opinions.  I guess it's why cats, and people who like cats, have had such a bad press historically in this country.

Typically the scenario was :  "Elderly" lady + cats = Witch/crone/nut job.   

They forget how useful cats have been to society, helping to keep down vermin - ships cats came about because of rats on ships spreading the Bubonic Plague.

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 12:16:39 PM »
Looking at the comments people have made on that article makes me despair of humanity, so because a cat poops in your garden they deserve this? there are some disturbing people out there. My fiance (who always says he isn't a cat person, but really he is) immediately said if it was dogs there would be no comments like that, yet where we live you have to be vigilant about where you step because there is so much dog poo around, how is that any different? its very worrying...
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 10:09:05 AM »
I saw this in the Evening Standard on Friday and agree with the comments below.

Offline shirleyp01

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: sammy and abbie
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 09:28:03 AM »
Its unbelievable how horrible and sadistic some people are.  As you say this is usually the first stop to something more vicious.  Being a cat owner of two gorgeous girls i let them out but keep an eye on them, as we are in a close community everyone knows my cats and looks out for them.

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 16:46:32 PM »
How despicable!  I hope they're caught and punished.  :censored:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 12:48:03 PM »
Shame I'm not in the area, I'd be out looking for them.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
Serial Cat Killer in Essex
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:42:16 AM »
The Daily Mail ran a story yesterday about a serial poisoner in Essex:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304528/Is-serial-cat-killer-loose-Animal-lovers-devastated-50-pets-poisoned-Essex.html

Who ever it is, is leaving out dishes of food laced with anti-freeze which causes a horrendous death.  Keep your cats safe, even if you have to keep them in and take them out in a harness,

Personally I think animal killings are simply not monitored enough as it has been shown that it is the first stages of psychopathic tendencies which may later lead to child murder etc.

Link to CatChat