Author Topic: Bubz and Feliway !!  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Bubz and Feliway !!
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 23:38:21 PM »
Sounds like it is working  ;D ;D

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dotty and Blue. My other lovelies Dixie,Jasper & Rosie R.I.P
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 21:12:53 PM »
That's good, it looks like its having an effect as feliway is I think the same as pet remedy but pet remedy is not as expensive. Good luck and hopefully she will be calmer as it sounds like she is stressed like blue was due to the other cat. :hug:

Offline Helena

• Adult Cat
    • Living With Wheels
  • Slave to: Bubz
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 20:40:27 PM »
Thank you DottyyBB, I'm going to give Feliway till the end of the week, Bubz is more or less her sleepy self again, thank goodness. Trouble is if Feliway doesnt work I'm left with a bottle which has been used a week ( :( ) and a difuser. The diffuser I could flog on ebay but dont know about the bottle!! Hey-ho, such is life.
Helen A (mainly on behalf of Bubz)

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dotty and Blue. My other lovelies Dixie,Jasper & Rosie R.I.P
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 19:17:09 PM »
Hi Helen. I use Pet Remedy defuser for my Siamese Blue who is 4 years old but became a bit of a nutter until I plugged this in. We had an un-neutered tom who used to visit our garden and leave his calling card and even though Blue is an indoor cat whenever I went outside and came back in he would attack me due to what I think was possibly touching something that our visitor had sprayed on. This happened for weeks, with hope that it was just a phase he was going through as I know that Siamese can be tempermental but it kept happening and he made a real mess of my arms and legs because it would happen without warning. I was at my wits end and was very upsetting for me as Blue had always been a loving cat and also I have a 1 year old Dotty who I didn't want him to turn on either. I researched all the pet remedies online and wanted something as natural as possible and found Pet Remedy. Believe me it was a god send and have just bought a further 2 refills for under £14 from Ebay which will last us for up to 12 more weeks. Pet remedy is made up from oils from the Valerian, Sweet Basil and sage plants and yes it does smell a bit like sweaty feet but hey I can put up with that just so I have my Baby Blue back, who is relaxed, playful and loving......I hope this may help you... :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 20:52:23 PM »
Moreorless straight away

Offline Helena

• Adult Cat
    • Living With Wheels
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 19:48:27 PM »
Yes she could think the smell is another cat and you will have to descide whether its best to unplug it or persevere for a while.

However if she is getting agressive then maybe the former may be the best.

Sasa hates Feliway and I remember my vet in London who said that he would not advise its use with Kocka cos she may think its another cat.

So many people use it on here with great success but Sasa really hates it.

At the moment, Bubz is curled up in my bedroom, I'll leave it on till tomorrow evening and see what happens. How long was it before you knew Sasa hates it?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 18:32:47 PM »
Yes she could think the smell is another cat and you will have to descide whether its best to unplug it or persevere for a while.

However if she is getting agressive then maybe the former may be the best.

Sasa hates Feliway and I remember my vet in London who said that he would not advise its use with Kocka cos she may think its another cat.

So many people use it on here with great success but Sasa really hates it.

Offline Helena

• Adult Cat
    • Living With Wheels
Bubz and Feliway !!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 14:38:08 PM »
Just got my [not the same] PA to plug the diffuser in and  wonder whether Bubz's reaction was usual.

She'd been outside and when she came in her tail fluffed up like no-ones business and she sat glaring a "How dare you be here" at the diffuser for a few minutes. The only other time I've ever seen it big like that was after she'd been hissed at by a very disturbed cat who'd paid a fleeting visit, and before we put the throw in the washing machine.

She's lying by my monitor now but every now and then up comes her head, ears pricked forward, staring but then pretending she isnt!

PS she has just attempted to bite me and it was not a play one. Could she be reacting negatively?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 14:55:59 PM by Helen_A on behalf of Bubz »

Link to CatChat