Author Topic: Cupboard Love cat food  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Miaowser (RIP baby boy) & Rocky (RIP fella- too short a time with us. The new boss Joey
Re: Cupboard Love cat food
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 09:40:32 AM »
Yes it was that long ago I'm afraid! Rocky the cat who has now adopted me is OK with dry food  but is very particular about types( this was all I had when he decided to move in) and he drinks plenty of water. I just wanted to see if there is a bit more variety for him. but thanks  for your help thanks:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 19:20:13 PM »
I have this vague memory of buying some soft pellet type food for Kocka, wasnt the one you mention and she wouldnt touch it.

That would be over 10 years ago and must have come from Sainsbury cos was the only supermarket close to me.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 17:01:39 PM »
I've never heard of cupboard love cat food, I just googled it and a youtube video of an advert for cupboard love cat food in 1974 comes up! Was it that long ago?!

According to yahoo answers semi-moist foods in general were withdrawn a few years ago... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090417154835AAE94HA

They can't have been withdrawn totally though as I think this is the one that Dawn mentioned, http://www.hilifepet.co.uk/osb/itemdetails.cfm/ID/236 Looks like you can get it at Waitrose or in larger amounts online from places like Amazon, VetUK

Have you thought about a drinking fountain if you want to get more fluids into him/her?

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Miaowser (RIP baby boy) & Rocky (RIP fella- too short a time with us. The new boss Joey
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 11:45:41 AM »
Thanks, I will check out Sainsbury's next time and lok at the hi life stuff :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 11:27:28 AM »
don't know that one but hi life do a semi moist pellet, can't think what its called but  I got it from sainsburys (cats hated it though!)

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
Cupboard Love cat food
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »
Hi,

does anyone remember this? It was a soft pellet type food and I was wondering if such a food exists anymore? It was quite convenient  and un messy as I can recall. I can only ever find wet or dry, and I would like to try and find a combination, as it is really convenient for when  going away  :)

Link to CatChat