Author Topic: Cat keeps coming to my house  (Read 4272 times)

Offline inchy

• Kitten
  • Slave to: someone else's cat!
Re: Cat keeps coming to my house
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 16:10:52 PM »
I've been letting in and she sleeps on the window ledge with the window open so she mustn't be bothered about the cold!

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 12:23:39 PM »
Fingers crossed she has a home, only its so cold of a night

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 16:36:06 PM »
Was going to type out a reply but SamMewl has pretty much covered everything!  :good post:

Good on you for caring about this little one and fingers crossed she has a home nearby and is just being a greedy guts!

Offline inchy

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:52:50 AM »
Thanks Sam, I'll give that a try

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:47:05 AM »
If she is living nearby then she is visiting you and going back home. So the easiest thing to do is put a paper collar round her neck with 'is this your cat, please call ......' with your phone number on. If they call and you know she has a home you can ignore her without feeling bad, she will just go back home.

if you get no reply then why she is with you get a good photo and also if you have a carrier and can manage - get her to a local vet who will scan her for you for a microchip (this wont cost anything), they may also recognise her if she's local. If all that fails contact your local rescues (catchat.org)  letting them now she is a friendly stray, if they have a lost cat database they may be able to get a match (that's when the photo comes in handy) they may also be able to put her on their waiting list to come in to be rehomed if she cannot be reunited with her owner.

there may be also lost and found cat facebook pages local to you.

good luck xx
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline inchy

• Kitten
Cat keeps coming to my house
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:30:14 AM »
A few days ago I opened the back door and a lovely little cat was on my shed.

I expected her to run off, but instead, she came over to me. I gave her some water and some tuna. I was quite happy to give her a second home!

We let her inside, my 5 yr old boy was playing with her, when loads of bumps came up on his arm. Thinking that he maybe allergic to her, we put the cat back outside. At about 10pm we could hear it meowing at the back door. It was freezing outside and I couldn't bare to leave it out there if it had nowhere to go, so opened the kitchen window and beckoned her in... I left her in the kitchen that night with the window open so she could leave if she wanted to. 

Morning came and she had left.  But later in the day, she same back. The bumps on my boy's arm had gone down after a few hours of playing with the cat so I thought I'd give it another try, but after 10 mins with the cat, the bumps returned.  He's allergic to peanuts amongst other things which makes him more likely to be allergic to other things so he is definitely allergic to this little feline...

I put the cat out again, but again late at night, she returned to the back door so I let her in the kitchen again with the window open and again, she was gone in the morning.

I've not let her back in since but she keeps returning. 

She looks very healthy and has a shiny coat. She probably has a home nearby and is just returning to mine because of that first day when I fed her tuna! But I'm worried that she might be recently lost, and feel so guilty not helping her! But I don't want to keep feeding her because that means she will keep returning even if she isn't lost!

Any ideas on what I could do? I've already posted on Facebook and people in my local area have been sharing the pic in a bid to try and find the owner but obviously there's a good chance that the owner could not be on Facebook...

Thanks

Link to CatChat