Author Topic: Cat Carriers and Harnesses  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Cat Carriers and Harnesses
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 14:55:37 PM »
It depends on the size of your cat for a carrier.

I have one of those lovely pink open at the top and front ones for Lupin but they are quite small and unhelpfully cant think of the make!

Misa is so big he needs a cage and no way should a cat travel in a car without being in a carrier, they cant be treatewd like dogs cos they dont act like them  :scared:

Yes cats can get out of the open style harnesses  but not out of the walking jacket type ones which are fitted using velcro. It all depends whether you put it onj snuggly enough! It was too loose in these pictures.

I had Lupins made by a company who makes to measure and its really great...............he doesnt think so though  :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 14:56:58 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
Cat Carriers and Harnesses
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 14:32:37 PM »
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, as I wasn't quite sure where to put it.

What sort of cat carrier do you have?  I managed to pick up a soft sided Sherpa from Ebay some years back.  I like the look of those ones with expandable sides that make the bag twice as big, but are they any good.

Also what cat harnesses are the best?  I've seen lots like the one strap dog harness (they have a good Amazon review) but some say cats can back out of those.  I like the look of the vest harnesses but most are velcro - can the cats get out of those - or do they do them with the clips?

Is it best to travel with a cat in a carrier in the car, or would a seat belt harness do?  I have seen some on You Tube with cats on their laps etc which I would never do as I believe the animal needs to be under control.  My last cat thought she was a siren when in the cat carrier in the car.

Link to CatChat