Author Topic: Hello from a Newbi  (Read 3960 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: Hello from a Newbi
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 21:16:07 PM »
 :evillaugh: no worries Allison  ;)

Yes it really is a cracking Forum  ;D
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline AlliBalli

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Two bossy Siamese, Pixie-Tot & Chico & one perfect angel puss called Opal
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 20:35:58 PM »
Awh Hi Stuart

Thats a cute little song, thanks for sending it to me  ;D

My name is Allison, but the forum woudnt let me have it..I suppose there lots of Allisons  :-: So had to come up with a quick alternative  :Luv:

I have been given so much help and advice here already..What a great forum  :thanks:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 20:31:01 PM »
Hiya AlliBalli and  :welcome: to the forum  :)

Sorry to hear Opal isn't in fair fettle at the moment  :hug: I'm sure with all the collective knowledge on this forum
someone will have some idea's to help

btw, slightly off topic, but your forum name reminded me of a song that My father used to sing to me and my sister when we were we

:evillaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uO9aeERILI
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 18:20:10 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: ooooh what gorgeous babies
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 13:59:33 PM »
I still have Lupin and he will be 3 yrs later this year  ;D but he will not eat properly and is driving me crazy.

The siamese are hooligans lol

Apparently its very common for blue pointed birmans not to have fur on their ears and Duchas ears were totally nakid.

My gentleman cat was Napoleon  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 06:41:06 AM »
Miss Millie is my third diabetic cat and a poppet she takes injections like a duck to water, my previous 2 were Tiger Feral I did like a challange and my Princess Sweetie domestic

I have 2 ragdolls a blue bi Casper he is 8kgs and Minmin is a Chocolate Seale Pointe, have a physco Bengal called Porsche and a huge Norwegian Forest boy Star he is another 8.72kgs and my biggest cat

I hope Opal gets stabilised they do so like to worry us :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline AlliBalli

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Two bossy Siamese, Pixie-Tot & Chico & one perfect angel puss called Opal
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 02:03:11 AM »
Hi Gill

Wow your cats are beautiful, and what wonderful ages they reached..But are you saying you lost Lupin too as a youngster, or have I mis-read  :-:  So sorry if I have

Yes Opal is a blue, and she does have a little hair on her ears. Its unbelievable she was found as a stray..She looked awful when I first got her  :'(

Apart from Opal I have two Siamese cats, they are the hooligans  :naughty: whereas Opal has always been the most angelic puss...At the rescue they called her "Lady" and thats exactly what she is like..  :Luv2:

Birmans are a lovely breed and so sweet too  :Luv2:

xxx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 01:01:38 AM »
Opal is stunning, is she a blue point ? If so does she have fur on her ears?  ;D ;D ;D

Here is my late Ducha on his 18th birthday together with little monster cat Lupin who was a month from one year old......sigh

The other is his brother Napoleon who went to the Bridge the year before at 17yrs and he was the biggest cuddle monster  ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:03:52 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 22:56:20 PM »
What a beauty she is Allison  :catluv:

Offline AlliBalli

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 22:20:44 PM »
Hi Liz

Yes I suppose you're right about medication not agreeing with all..Its a shame our pets can't speak  :-:

Its sounds like you have a very busy time, and very hard having a diabetic cat I would imagine, that's from a fellow insulin dependant human! Its not a nice condition to have even with being able to speak  :'(  I hope all of your pusscats are keeping well  :Luv2:

:thanks: for you nice reply .Everyone here is so nice and very helpful  :Luv2:

Here's a picture of Opal taken last summer

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 22:00:22 PM »
 :welcome: from all us us at the Clan cats we are domestic, feral and pedigrees who are all rescue cats and we live with our own pets Border Collies Sky, Sunny and Mistral

I have 2 Hyperthyroids one domestic Max he had the op but is now back on Vitalda and no adverse effect and he has been on it for 3 years he is 12 and our latest Miss clio feral who was diagnosed at Cheistmas and is also on Vitalda and having her T4 run on Saturday add in my diabetic forever foster and I spend a lot of time pilling and injecting

So glad that they are going to try something else for Opal but like humans not all the tablets work for all the cats
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 20:01:05 PM »
Thats great  ;D

Offline AlliBalli

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 19:16:56 PM »
Good evening everyone

I spoke with the vet today, and told her that I don't want Opal to go back on Vidalta, and also that I have read so much bad things about the drug on the internet, with cats having similar or worse symptoms than Opal..

So the good news is we go in on Tuesday, and we discuss other options  :) I also asked for copies of test results, which was not a problem..So all good so far  :wow:

Today Opal seems so much better, and is eating well too..Hopefully things may be looking up ;D

I'm so hoping I don't get any problems on Tuesday at the vets, but I am going to be assertive, and speak my mind  :evillaugh:

Thanks to you all for your help, which has really given me a lot of knowledge about Opals condition, and also the confidence to sort out it all out with the vets..I will let you all know how it goes xxx  :Luv:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 10:17:25 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome:  :hug: Hi and hope you find some topics of interest on the forum. There is much to look at :welcome:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 14:28:36 PM »
I hope that Opal has been able to see another vet and you have seen Kays comments on one of the other threads  :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 07:26:12 AM »

Hello Alison - welcome to Purrs to you, Pixie-tot and Chico, the four dogs - and of course, Opal  :welcome: :welcome:  Am very sorry you found us under such stressful circumstances, but hope you'll find some useful information, some things which you can put to your vet, and valuable support from all of us.

Sending gentle chin rubs for Opal.   :hug: :hug:

Offline AlliBalli

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 22:35:14 PM »
Thanks so much Gill for this info
 xxx

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 22:15:28 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Allison,
Sorry to hear Opal is poorly, hope you find the information you need to figure out if it is the meds that are making her worse.  :hug:
Denise
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 22:14:09 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Sorry to hear Opal is poorly  :hug:

:need pics:   :rofl: :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 22:06:22 PM »
Sorry having terrible connection probs.

Sadly another cat died last week after taking this drug and if you look in the health section you will find two very recent threads about this.

The best one is last posted on by Carol and explains why this drug can be so bad for cats and why a change to one beginning with F is probably the way to go and fast.

Offline AlliBalli

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 21:47:47 PM »
Hi Gill & Tiggy's mum

Opal is 10yrs old, and has recently been diagnosed with hyperT, but although on medication she really is so poorly..I joined the forum as I want to research the meds, as I think they are causing her more problems, but of course vets don't tell you the whole picture, hence my own research..

Birmans are such sweet cats Gill. I had never had one before Opal, and she is so lovely..I rescued her aged 3, and its unbelievable she was found as a stray  :'(   She was in a terrible state, but I managed to restore her beautiful coat...But sadly now its not good due to her illness  :(

I have to try to find out info on her meds called "Vildalta"  as I think they are making her worse. Im going to look on the forum here.

Thanks all for your concern xxxx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 21:17:59 PM »

:welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Sorry to hear that Opal is poorly at the moment, hope it's nothing too serious  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 20:52:17 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Sorry to hear that Opal is ill, I have a 2 yr old birman called Lupin but lost my other two birman brothers , one last year and the other the year before.

What is wrong with Opal?

Offline AlliBalli

• Kitten
Hello from a Newbi
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 20:21:10 PM »
Hello my name is Allison, and I own 3 pusskats, Opal who is a Birman, and the eldest, and Pixie-Tot & Chico who are both Tabby point Siamese (The terrible twosome  :naughty:) They also live with 4 dogs too..They all get along together, but the cats are definitely in charge  :briggin:

I found the group, searching for answers about Opal who is very poorly at the moment..

I look forward to reading all your posts, and thanks for letting me join  :Luv: xxx

Link to CatChat