Author Topic: Vets Kitchen cat food  (Read 1767 times)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
Re: Vets Kitchen cat food
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 23:21:07 PM »
I think from being on here sometimes its trial and error with cat food...

I know when one of ours is sick its always Dexter and we give them a mix of wet and dry. Royal Canin sensitive has helped, but I think its usually down to his greediness when he is sick  :sick:

As for hypoallergenic I don't know
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Bluemoon

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jumpy, Pixie, Gracie & Bogey
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 10:07:48 AM »
Fingers crossed the Vets Kitchen has the desired effect in the litter tray department! Funny you should mention it was the turkey one, I was going to post that flavour is the one that many cats don't seem keen on hence why I haven't tried it! Might be worth trying the other flavours if the VK doesn't work out.

That's interesting! I wish the other flavours came in smaller bags though. I don't like having to buy a huge bag and finding they can't eat it or dislike it lol!  :tired:

Even though James Wellbeloved is meant to be hypoallergenic, the dry food still contains maize gluten which upsets a lot of cats tummies. What I like about Vet's Kitchen is there's no maize, wheat or corn - only rice and oats! Which are gentler on the tummy (hopefully anyway!!)  ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Vets Kitchen cat food
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 00:32:51 AM »
Fingers crossed the Vets Kitchen has the desired effect in the litter tray department! Funny you should mention it was the turkey one, I was going to post that flavour is the one that many cats don't seem keen on hence why I haven't tried it! Might be worth trying the other flavours if the VK doesn't work out.

Offline Bluemoon

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 22:51:16 PM »
Not tried it myself but ingredients look OK. If you're looking for a hypoallergenic dry food have you tried James Wellbeloved? It's hypoallergenic and also pretty tasty according to my two - there's duck&rice, lamb&rice, fish&rice and turkey&rice. I feed wet for brekkie and dinner with a bowl of dry down 24/7 to munch on, my vet recommended JWB after one of mine went through a tummy trouble phase - they love the lamb, duck and fish ones :drool;

I've tried James Wellbeloved but my cats prefer the wet version to the dry! I think the dry one tastes a bit too bland, it smells quite bland anyway (it was Turkey and Rice that we tried). They do however enjoy the wet JW.

Just tried some Vets Kitchen and they all like it!  ;D
I just hope it agrees with all of their tummies...  :innocent:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 21:54:32 PM »
Not tried it myself but ingredients look OK. If you're looking for a hypoallergenic dry food have you tried James Wellbeloved? It's hypoallergenic and also pretty tasty according to my two - there's duck&rice, lamb&rice, fish&rice and turkey&rice. I feed wet for brekkie and dinner with a bowl of dry down 24/7 to munch on, my vet recommended JWB after one of mine went through a tummy trouble phase - they love the lamb, duck and fish ones :drool;

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 21:29:14 PM »
My two have had it, they can be fussy but ate this with no problems at all.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 18:16:48 PM »
Nor had I Gill but just googled and am tempted to give it a whirl when current supplies dwindle ....

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 17:56:48 PM »
I have never seen or heard of this make

Offline Bluemoon

• Adult Cat
Vets Kitchen cat food
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 16:08:05 PM »
Does anyone use this? It's a dry food. I give mostly wet food with dry food for snacking, but they do miss dry if I remove it altogether. One of them has a sensitive tummy so I am looking for a good, hypoallergenic food.

Vet's Kitchen is not grain-free but it only contains rice and oats (no wheat, corn or maize!) My Jumpy has a sensitive tummy but doesn't like the grain-free foods, so wondered if he would like this?

It sounds good, what are people's thoughts about it?

Link to CatChat