Author Topic: Please help Arthur find a new home (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 4597 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Please help Arthur find a new home (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 08:35:53 AM »
Has there have been no updates I will move to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Please help Arthur find a new home
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 12:22:02 PM »
Bengals can be sometimes terrortorial we have one here she can be a bit iffy if anyone is to close to her Casper ragdoll but on the whole she is fine

We keep her busy with laser pen and hanging toys with bells on she loves bells
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 12:02:57 PM »
Aren't Bengals usually dominant?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 11:36:04 AM »
Might be worth posting on the dedicated bengal forums too  :hug: Roughly whereabouts in the UK are you and do you know if he is OK with kids or dogs?

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 10:32:43 AM »
Hi, sorry you feel you need to rehome Arthur, that must be a hard decision.   Have you been in touch with rescues in your area?  You'll find a list if you locate your area on the map here:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

It is best to go through a rescue so proper checks are done and the right home found.   If they say they're full (which is likely) then ask to go on a list or for a direct rehoming - that's where the rescue finds the home whilst the cat remains with you.

Best of luck!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:33:53 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline 3littlemen

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Arthur, Oskar, Charlie, Albie (RIP)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 23:17:38 PM »
We got Arthur first but when he was about 10 months old his brother died and he seemed to pine on his own to we got two kittens, Oskar and Charlie. We introduced them slowly and he took to them really well. Its only in the last 6 months that things have got really bad.

I cant afford a behaviourist and to be honest I hae enough personal issues to be dealing with at the moment. I just want to make sure I find a good, happy home for him. Staying with us is not an option, he is getting worse and I cant do anything when I am at work, unless I start shutting him away in a separate room

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 13:19:41 PM »
What a horrible situation to be in, I can only imagine what a gut wrenching decision this must have been for you  :hug:

Have you had Arthur & Charlie the same length of time and has it been only the last year that things have got bad between them? If it's a change in behaviour from previous years then it's worth considering consulting a behaviourist (I think your vet can refer you to one). Sort of a last roll of the dice before finding him a new home.

He's a very handsome boy and sounds like he has a lovely temperament with humans so if you do have to follow through with the decision to rehome fingers crossed he will find a home easily  :hug:

Offline 3littlemen

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Arthur, Oskar, Charlie, Albie (RIP)
Please help Arthur find a new home (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 12:56:10 PM »
 :-[

For those of you who dont know, we have 3 cats, Arthur, Oskar and Charlie. For the past year or so there have been problems between Arthur and Charlie, namely that Arthur has become increasingly aggressive at times towards Charlie. We have tried everything to help them settle together but the situation has become untenable. Every night now we are woken up several times to aggressive spitting and wailing and sometimes fighting. We also work shifts and I worry about them when I am out of the house. Charlie is such a gentle cat that he cannot/will not defend himself.

As a result we have decided that the situation cant go on and Arthur has to find a new home. This is not a decision taken lightly and it breaks our hearts to see him go. This is why I am posting on here in the hope that someone who loves cats can help us by taking him.

Arthur is a 3 year old Bengal/Bengal cross, very loving and affectionate towards people. He is currently an indoor only cat but I see no reason why he couldnt go outside in the right area.

Im hoping to find him a home with a responsible cat lover where I know he will be safe and looked after
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:35:42 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat