Author Topic: Hi from a Newbie  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
Re: Hi from a Newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 13:58:21 PM »
I agree Connor would love to be an honory Cat member.   ;D

I was going through photobucket and found two pictures of my old moggy Chloe, she died some years ago but always looked young:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 20:58:17 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 18:56:57 PM »

Aw - he's lovely.  Welcome to Purrs, Connor.   :welcome:  You can be an Honorary Cat Buddy  ;D :hug: :hug:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 14:14:39 PM »
Thanks for all the wonderful welcomes.

My dog is called Connor his a Cairn x something (may Staffie or Shih Tzu).  His a rescue dog and his Gotcha day is tomorrow so I think his been with us for 5 years, boy does time fly.

Heres a little picture of his nibs:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 09:17:30 AM »
Hi Purdy  :welcome: to Purrs  :)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 06:52:21 AM »

Hello Purdy - welcome to Purrs.   :welcome:  What's your dog's name and what's his character like?  ;D  I'm in a kind of reverse situation to you inasmuch as we've always had both cats and dogs over the 30 years, but now find ourselves without a dog after our previous dog had to be put to sleep last year following an illness.  My OH feels he's too old now to have another dog, so I live my dog life vicariously through others.  :evillaugh:  Kind of know how you're feeling.   :hug:

Wonderful that Splodge lived until the age of 26 - what a venerable old lady cat. And a testament to how well you looked after her.   :wow:

I know what you mean - cats do have a habit of finding you, but I'm not above going out looking for them if I feel they're dragging their paws alittle about finding us.  ;) :evillaugh:

Anyway, hope you'll find lots to keep you occupied on here.   :)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 00:46:48 AM »
Hiya Purdy B and  :welcome: to Purrs  :)
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 00:05:09 AM »
  and  :welcome: to Purrs.
I got my cats when my dog departed to the bridge as I couldn't bear replacing him and they were a great comfort to me  :) and wouldn't have it any other way.
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 21:34:21 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

We can be your surrogate cat family until such time as you can have your own, although I hope that is a very long way off so that you have many more happy years with your dog  :)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 21:05:24 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to Purrs!!

I think you'll like it here!! especially all the photos  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: this site is also addictive so you have been forwarned  :shify: :shify: :evillaugh:

Sounds like you have had some beautiful cats  :Luv2: Hope you find your way around and join in! Look forward to hearing your cat stories  ;D ;D
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
Hi from a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 17:45:57 PM »
Hi everyone.

This is my first ever post here so please be gentle.   I belong to a similar forum for dogs and was looking for a cat version and found yourselves.

I don't have a cat at the moment, my dog doesn't like them, but I may get one when he departs this world, so I've started doing some long term research into the different breeds,  his 10 so his got a few years left in his paws.

My previous cats were predominantly tuxedo feral types.  My last was Chloe, she died in her 20s,and before that was Splodge and she reached the ripe old age of 26.  Those before that were ginger moggies called Bubble and Squeak, and a tortoiseshell called Smokey.

Recently my neighbour and I were feeding a beautiful pure black cat which was a female stray.  Just before all the bad snows happened over Xmas he adopted her and she is now a very contented indoor cat and is quiet agrophobic not even wanting to come to the front door.   This even brought back into my mind of having cats ourselves.  I always think cats find you and not the other way round.

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyones cats and drooling over all the photos. :Luv2:

Link to CatChat