Author Topic: Stray 'Stanley' is back at home!  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
Re: Stray 'Stanley' is back at home!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 21:34:58 PM »
 :hug: What a lovely ending to the tail :naughty:

Offline Scooby

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Hugo / Gilbert
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 16:28:18 PM »
Well I'm sure the little man is glad to be back in familiar surroundings with people he knows.  Despite my misgivings, his family MUST care for him, because they happily forked out money to reimburse for the neutering and a donation towards his bed and board while he was nursed back to something resembling a happy cat - and not the pile of greying fur hanging off bones he was when he was found!   :(

It's just as well I couldn't take him really because if his family hadn't got him back and learned this lesson, then I expect they would've just gone out eventually and bought themselves a kitten, not had it neutered and re-created the same old scenario.   >:( >:(

Main thing is that Stanley....  ahem, Tom  :-:  is happy - and I saw a photo of him yesterday on the other animal rescue page, (the one where the conversation on where to find him was)  I can't post it here, because it has a photo of his mum on it, and obviously I don't know her, or have permission....  but he's sitting on her knee, getting his chin rubbed and looks happy as a piggie in the brown stuff.  :Luv2:  The power of the internet got him home.  They're very lucky - and I don't think I'll ever forget him  :)

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 13:45:13 PM »
I'm glad there's a happy ending, but I can understand why you feel a bit miffed  >:(

I still think he looks more like a Stanley than a Tom.

Ah well- he's safely home now so I suppose all's well that ends well... I must say I feel a tad jealous as I was seriously wondering if The Munchkin could possibly be pursuaded to accept him as a brother  :Luv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 04:56:15 AM »
This is a great ending for Stanley/Tom.  ;D

I wish people understood how risky it is to just not bother neutering.  :(

Well done, Scooby.  :star1: You did, without doubt, save his life and now he will be safe forever thanks to you.  ;D :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 13:28:01 PM »
That's good news for Stanley Tom, I bet he is pleased to be back home with his Mum  :) At least one good thing has come out of this in that he has now been neutered but like you say, just a shame he's had to suffer being a stray most likely becuase he wandered off looking for a mate  :shy:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 13:07:16 PM »
mmm  I've mixed feelings too, I hope she has learnt her lesson

Offline Scooby

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Hugo / Gilbert
Stray 'Stanley' is back at home!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 13:05:41 PM »
Well, there's a turn of events!   :shocked: A friend of mine saw a photo of a cat that some people have been looking for on an animal shelter website. Their boy had been missing for a while. Answered our boys description, was an entire tom, un-chipped and about 5 miles from our farmland. My friend contacted them, they rang 'Stanley's' shelter - its him!
Tom..... for thats his REAL name is now back at home with his mum who has missed him dreadfully and searched and searched. He was such a cuddly boy, I knew he'd been loved somewhere...
His Mum has learned a hard lesson about leaving a cat un-neutered and i dont think he'll be out of her sight anytime soon.

I must confess to feeling a tad cross about it all >:(  I'm glad there has been a happy ending and they're reunited. However she didn't see the state he was in and I doubt any of this would have happened at all, if he hadnt been left un-neutered at 14 months of age. (sorry for the minor rant!)
That said, the gorgeous wee man is happy to be back in his own home, he's had the snip now and his mum is thrilled

Link to CatChat