Author Topic: bellas going out to play today  (Read 2061 times)

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
Re: bellas going out to play today
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 19:06:02 PM »
Bella (or jingle bells as dd is calling her due to her loud bell on her collar) is getting a tiny bit protective of dd. If dd is playing in the garden bella goes and sits and watches her and only comes in when dd does. I think bella has fallen in love with our dd as much as dd loves her. Bella does not like dd stroking other cats and will walk upto her and basically push them out the way which is so funny as shes about half the size of most cats round here  :rofl:. Think shes saying thats my child find your own. I really didnt expect to be able to love another cat like we loved barney but she truley has found her place in all our hearts and helped us all heal. I dont know what we'd do without her she has just fitted in so well.

Bella on guard duty
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 19:13:24 PM by girlinleeds »

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 16:00:16 PM »
Thanks, she did really well going out ive just left the cat flap unlocked today and she went out a couple of times and then came back and claimed her place on the sofa. Our gardens no where near finished just all the rubbish is hidden behind our shed, dh had promised he will finish it this year. Im sure your cat will be fine you will be more nervous then she is bella took it all in her stride, i feel lots better today about her going out as we spent a while out together and i know she can look agter her self

Offline stevo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 15:53:54 PM »
Awesome, this had made me feel a lot better.  I'm letting mine out for the first time tomorrow, she used to be a stray too.

You've a georgous looking kitty there, garden looks lovely too... much nicer than the widerness that I've got!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 17:03:26 PM »
Aawww she is GORGEOUS!  :Luv2:
Glad it all went well

Wow I second that, she looks so at home and pleased she wanted to come inside again  ;D ;D

Offline Scooby

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Hugo / Gilbert
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 16:18:44 PM »
Aawww she is GORGEOUS!  :Luv2:
Glad it all went well

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 14:49:08 PM »
oh bless her she looks really at home, how cute that your daughter loves her so much

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 14:44:41 PM »
even my next door neighbour loves her and shes only just met her, she said she cant believe what a sweetie she is. All i did was peg the cat flap open and she just wondered out, sed some treats to make sure she'd come in and out then took the pegs of and she came straight out. shes laid on the sofa now all worn out from her big adventure, think we'll keep doing them same over the next few days, let her out while we're in the garden just till i'm happy shes safe out there. shes met a few of the neighbourhood cats and is tiny compared to them, dont think they'll be pushing her around though, she stood her ground

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 14:35:03 PM »
What brilliant pics!  :Luv: She looks so relaxed and confident bless her, like that's been her 'patch' forever  ;D

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 14:30:42 PM »
we spent about 3 hours out, she wondered into next door and back but everytime i moved she came running, shes a pro at the cat flap now with the aid of a few treats

sat on the roof of next doors shed, i thought she'd got stuck and im too short to get her down but a quick shake of her treat tin and she came running

is it lunch time yet??

dd trying to get bella to give her a kiss

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »
You did very well to keep her in for so long considering a) she has been pestering you to go and and b) your OH wanted to let her out a bit sooner. Fingers crossed it all went OK and she's been in and out the catflap with no issues  ;D

If she's anything like my two I predict that she has been out, had an 'investigation' and a quick jog round the garden and is now tucked up in the warm wondering what all the fuss was about! Mine scream to get out (no cat flap as I only let them out when I'm home) then scream to get back in 15 mins later  :evillaugh:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 10:55:53 AM »
Suggest you let her wander out rather than carry her and play with her too whilst outside with something dangly.  Da Bird is of course best but anything to encourage her to stay in her garden to get used to it. 

I'm sure all will be fine as you have kept her in for a very good amount of time so she knows where she lives.

Hope you enjoy it  :)

Offline Scooby

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Hugo / Gilbert
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
I'm sure she'll have a lovely time - but I can understand you feeling nervous!  :scared:

I couldn't cope with my cats wandering nowadays.  I have a terraced house with a large yard and have chicken-wired over the top of the yard so the boys can go out when they want - but not out -out! 

Hope you and Bella have a lovely day in the sunshine.  I bet she can't wait   :yesss:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
bellas going out to play today
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 08:54:39 AM »
Bellas been with us for just over 2months now and for the last few weeks has been making escape atempts. As the weather is so much nicer at the moment i thought id let her have a walk round the garden whilst i do some gardening and see what she thinks. Am very nervous and have checked the cat flap still works, am more nervous then when we let barney out and he'd never been outside before, where bella was a stray so has been out im just worried she'll run of.

Link to CatChat