Author Topic: A Wee Little Problem!!  (Read 3086 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: A Wee Little Problem!!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 23:42:27 PM »
My goodnees if you are using bleach he will pee everywhere, cos they love the smell cos it has amonia in it and therefore smells like cats urine!!

If you wanna stop him doing this you need to use a biological washing pwder, you need to get rid of the smell of bleach.

After washing down with a biologiacl poewder use surgicaol spirit to get rid of smell and also try something like simple solution.

The art is to get rid of all the urine smell, and in your case bleach as well!!

Offline meowneko

• Kitten
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 22:55:31 PM »
having the same problem with my 6 year old.  (read "aloha from hawaii" and cat peeing...i forgot what the title was, but posted by me "meowneko") 

my cat's problem is psychological...he's very jealous and doesn't want anyone around me, so he actually pees on me while i'm sleeping in my bed to mark HIS territory!

i don't have a problem with bleach, my cats (5) love the smell, they react to it like catnip!  others have said otherwise.  i wash all my comforters, duvets, pillows, couch cushions in laundry detergent and bleach.  yes, he pees EVERYWHERE!  he also doesn't like closed doors so he'll pee on the door if you close the door to use the bathroom and he's stuck on the outside of it!

i'm still searching for a solution...even tried to put him baby diapers!

Offline Claire Hirsch

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 17:05:17 PM »
You might try World's Best litter... Haven't yet met a cat who disliked it (though I do gather there are some).

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 15:55:42 PM »
Caging such a small wee beastie is the best way, if he continues, it will become an unbreakable life long habit!  :Crazy:

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 13:15:39 PM »
Oh bless him. The only thing I would say as he was in such a bad way that he hadnt been fully used to a litter tray the way the kittens had been treated by Mrs evil they prob didnt have a clean tray if one at all................. its like puppies as well as kittens accidents are to be expected I personally thing caging him overnight will stress such a tiny little mite as he has been trough enough

He is only a tiny little chap maybe it seems a long way down to the floor in the dark and he gets scared

good luck with little Mr pee pee  :rofl:

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 13:09:59 PM »
oh dear

is the carrier big enough for a food bowl and a litter tray and bed ?
if so id keep him in it everynight for a week so he gets use to going a wee in his tray during the night
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 13:10:28 PM by forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa) »
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline 4BOBBY

• Adult Cat
  • Bobby
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 12:38:53 PM »
 >:(!!!!! Spoke too soon!!!!! He had another accident last night..........so he will be in his carrier tonight on the floor...I really didn't want to resort to this and hubby is grumpy with me but I have to try and get him out of this nasty habit!

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 22:39:58 PM »
hiya...been off line for the day.....yes, I mean cat litter in his tray / box .
Success....no wee on the bed last night and he has made about 4 in his trays today!!! Hoepfully we are the right  track!!!

Well done Bobby bet Mummy and Daddy are pleased with you................ a big star for a little star

love and hugs auntie Helen and fur babes

xx

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 22:10:33 PM »
awwww im pleased he hasnt peed on the duvet anymore
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:hows dear little bobby today ?

Offline 4BOBBY

• Adult Cat
  • Bobby
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 22:08:23 PM »
hiya...been off line for the day.....yes, I mean cat litter in his tray / box .
Success....no wee on the bed last night and he has made about 4 in his trays today!!! Hoepfully we are the right  track!!!

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 17:07:32 PM »
Hi

glad Bobby is doing well.... I really wouldnt move the litter trays kitten get so confused when they are moved and they certainly do get used to the litter Im confused a little when you say sand? do you mean litter

Offline 4BOBBY

• Adult Cat
  • Bobby
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 16:58:57 PM »
Yes, he is in the bed above my hubby's head or in my hair! I have 2 litter trays and move them around the house but they are always in the same position in each room. I bought the second one today and I see I have a tiny wee in it.  The litter may be a rough for him.....I think I'll get some finer sand and see if he likes that better.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 15:18:50 PM »
I take it he sleeps in bed with you? Hes so tiny he probably cant get to his tray bless him
Do you just have the one tray that you move around?
Keeping them in the same place place is essential for training little ones, they get confused easily!

What litter are you using, some are fussy about that  ;D

Offline 4BOBBY

• Adult Cat
  • Bobby
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 13:58:28 PM »
Thanks again everyone! I have just bought a new duvet as all the wees have been on the same spot so clearly he is drawn to the smell of his own pee!
Other than the weeing, he is doing fantastically. He can find his way from the lounge to the kitchen and back on his own and is starting to play...YEAH!!!!!!! Of course I have bought every toy in the pet shop, spoilt silly!

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 13:39:50 PM »
Daisy has the right name my husband says because she is a cow  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: they always have clean litter trays but she prefers the bath mat as it is thick shagpile to pee on.

Only the best for madame

Hows Bobby doing apart from the peeing

give him a kiss from me

xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 13:16:59 PM »
Hi, when you say sand tray....do you mean its also got sand in it? Maybe if so he dosent like the feel of the wet sand?

Try changing litter if poss :)

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 11:27:48 AM »
susan ,keep the bedroom doors shut during the day
and at night time if u have him in ur room then why dont u try putting him in a dog crate/cage
with his bed food and tray and he will still be able to see u and gary and u wont have any pee on the duvets  ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:28:15 AM by forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa) »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 10:25:25 AM »
get your duvet washed with normal washing powder, if thats not possible and its wasnt too expensive bin it and buy a new one.

Some cats will pee on duvets or soft, comfy padding/blankets for no reason other than it feels nice.  Once their smell is there even though we think its clean etc they will keep going back. 

I'd recommend you find out if there are any medical reasons or is he stressed ?? 

In our case my cat just likes to urinate on bedding or when he's on the bed the urge just takes him..what ever the case is its extremely frustrating and annoying plus upsetting.  We tried everything and the only thing that has worked was to shut cat in kitchen everynight and keep him out of the bedrooms altogether.

I'd highly recommend feliway products and with us the feliway spray was far more useful, after soiled areas were properly cleaned and dried i'd spray the areas with feliway.

I will say they do get better, in our case there hadnt really been incidents this year with cody spending more time unsupervised in the rooms (with kids its hard to keep him out of bedrooms)  ... that was until this past week where there have been relapses for reasons i have no idea  :Crazy: 

hope you make some progress.

Offline 4BOBBY

• Adult Cat
  • Bobby
A Wee Little Problem!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 09:46:12 AM »
 :help: Good morning all. Bobby has got into the habit of weeing on the bed. This seems to be happening during the night or early mornings..and they are HUGE wees! I have been really strict with him and every time he wakes up I pop him into the sand box, he crouches in a wee position but does not produce anything. He is clearly holding it in until he has an accident??!! I always ensure his sand box is clean so I can't understand why he has developed this habit. Should I get a separate sand box just for wees????

Any ideas for what to use on the duvet itself - the cover is easy and goes into the washing machine but the duvet is stained yellow and is really smelly.....I did see that nothing with bleach should be used.

Link to CatChat