Author Topic: My kitten pees on my bed...  (Read 1749 times)

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
Re: My kitten pees on my bed...
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 06:22:55 AM »
When Luna was doing this I ended up using the fitted waterproof sheets you use for kids who wet the bed as a cover that way at least it was just that which needed washing.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 11:05:17 AM »
Has she shown any signs of coming into season at all? Unspayed females are known to scent mark this way more readily than spayed, and at five months she's definitely coming up to sexual maturity if not already there.

You said you were in a bedsit, so there's no way of keeping her off your bed?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 13:37:53 PM »
she's not lazy - you make her feel safe! its actually quite common for kittens (and less so but adult cats too) to pee on their peoples bed. it smells of you, particulaly when you are in it so its a place where she feels safe. the move has probably unnerved her which is why she is doing it more now than before. she should stop doing it once she has adjusted to the move and feels safe in the bedsit, although do get her vet checked just in case there is a medical issue.

my kitten did the same when she was younger, she was feral born so was a little nervous and very bonded to us. without realising it you are probably showing signs that its not a good idea to pee on the bed,  i know whenever we felt the warm wet sensation we lept out of bed and then did duvet swopping, which was not what my cat broo wanted as she was hoping to just settle down into a nice bed!

I've attached Yorkhire Cat Rescue's guide for inappropiate toiletting in case its of use to you.

:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 13:19:29 PM »
Oh no. That's not nice. One of my kittens started to do that but she had a urinary infection. Have you been to the vets to get this checked out?
If it is a behavioural issue there will be loads of help on here but in the meantime you need to make sure you get rid of the smell so your kitten doesn't associate your bed with her pee so first stop is to use biological washing powder.

Offline nekoxchan

• Adult Cat
My kitten pees on my bed...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »
Hi all, I have a 5 month old litter trained female turkish van who when i was living with.my mum once peed on my bed in the night :/ only at night though mind, and is quite happy to use her litter tray in the day. NOW i've moved into a bedsit, so she often sleeps on my bed at night and does the same, she will pee.on.my bed but only when im sleeping in it?! She uses her litter tray with no problems during the daytime which rules out the wrong kind of litter i'm using. Maybe she is just lazy?! Is there anything I can use to deter her from doing this as it's happening every night now! when Im not at home for the night she doesn't do it. only when i'm sleeping in the bed!
Thw amount of laundry is driving me nuts!

Link to CatChat