Author Topic: Always meowing  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Lily-

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Joy & Oliver Twist
Re: Always meowing
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 15:27:44 PM »
Ahah yeah exactly, cats surely brighten your days up when you see the funny side of everything they do  ;D

I miss you babe ♥

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 15:17:25 PM »
You have to laugh or you would cry  :hug: :hug:

Offline Lily-

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 09:02:43 AM »
Thanks for the advice Sheilarose ;) I tried it a couple of days ago but it didn't solve the "problem" :/ even this morning he stood there meowing until I put his food on the floor and then he ate and was happy  :-:
He is 2 years old now and it looks like if he is playing the baby-kitten role this week  :innocent:

I miss you babe ♥

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 08:58:45 AM »
Try putting his food on a saucer instead, some cats don't like the bowl touching their whiskers.

My Tufty empties his biscuits out onto the floor than hoovers them up.  :shify:

Offline Lily-

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 07:50:50 AM »
Ahah yeah I noticed  :D Now he doesnt want to eat in his bowl anymore (only if it's dry food  :shify:)...but at least it's two days that he goes to sleep in a bed I got him a month ago and he NEVER looked at before... finally  :Luv2:
Thanks again :)

I miss you babe ♥

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 21:22:58 PM »
Some cats really hate being ignored.  :hug:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 16:23:54 PM »
Oh we all do and its nice to have others confirm what you supected and we are all crazy about cats here  ;D ;D

Offline Lily-

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 16:12:01 PM »
 :thanks: Gill, I clearly get worried too easily ahah :D I'm glad to have my idea that he is only askin for attentions confirmed :) thanks again!  :)

I miss you babe ♥

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 15:32:56 PM »
He is just being a normal cat and does sound he is trying to get his normal amount of attention  ;D

Offline Lily-

• Adult Cat
Always meowing
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 15:01:30 PM »
Hi everybody! :)
I'm here to ask you a little opinion about my cat's behaviour. Nothing too serious (I think), but if I can do something to make things better.. why not?  :shy:

So, my cat Joy (male, neutered when he was 6months old - 2yo now) has always been a "normal" home cat, as any other cat he has his "typical meows" to ask what he wants etc. It's now about 4 days he meows a lot and for "little things" though. For example this morning I gave him and my other cat their canned food as usual. Joy spent at least 10 mins by the bowl meowing, but knowing he generally likes that food etc I tried to ignore him. So he started walking after me, still meowing (his typical "I'm hungry" meow  ;) ), so I put him again by the bowl, I put a tiny piece of food on next to the bowl, and he started eating normally in it.
The other evening he jumped on a wardrobe as both of the cats usually do, and then he was kinda scared of jumping off of it, even if he always does it. After trying encouraging him to get off with food and toys I got on a chair and helped him  :innocent:

Apart from these kind of things he is perfectly okay. He doesnt make anything weird or "annoying" like not using his toilet etc, and he was visited by the vet last week cos I took him there for his yearly vaccination and everything was alright, so I think his behaviour isnt due to some physical problem or a disease.

Do you think he is just seeking attentions?
The only change I can think about is that as I have a huge exam at university in 2 weeks so I actually spend most of the day on my books, so I don't have much free time to spend with him... but as it's just for this couple  of weeks and there is my other cat and a puppy I thought he couldnt feel so bored or alone  :-:

Thanks in advance to anyone :)

I miss you babe ♥

Link to CatChat