Author Topic: Time for a soap box rant...  (Read 1299 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Time for a soap box rant...
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 11:01:27 AM »
I hate the "must go today" comment that appears. I sometimes ask "What happens if they don't?" and the people posting usually get annoyed with me.....

It's terribly sad.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 14:29:15 PM »
I know exactly how you feel. When I walk down the street and I see someone with a puppy. I don't think how lovely, I just think why are you buying puppies when dogs are being put down everyday.   

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 06:53:08 AM »

It is depressing, I agree.  As you say, they express themselves to be animal lovers but in the next breath are "reducing the price for a quick sale...."  or  "last one, must go........."

It's the same with dogs.  All the so called "designer breeds" and people having a go at designing their own, without thinking about the long term health implications for the dogs produced from the indiscriminate breeding, or whether or not their dogs will be going to suitable homes.  I even saw one "breeder" offering to travel the length of the country to deliver.  Puppy farming at its worst.   :(

Liz -  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 22:49:47 PM »
Yep, it's very depressing isn't it  :(

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 23:01:49 PM »
i got a tad annoyed at coventry yourvets . they osted a piccy on fb showing a bulldog type and 7 tiny pups that someone had brought in and i think they expected an ahhhhh!
i did restrain myself to say 7 more homes to find and so many in rescue..... - quite polite for me.

Offline lizfraser

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Arthur and Dottie Dillon (Feb 1998 - 18/12/12 RIP),Tom (RIP 12/11/12), Digby (Feb 1998-17/11/10 RIP)
Time for a soap box rant...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 22:55:19 PM »
Ok, been a long time since I did this, but,...just makes me so mad al these "pre loved, gum tree, pets4homes type Internet sites offering cats like they are cds or computer game, ..." come buy my kittens they are the prettiest etc, etc" having been to a few rescue shelters at the weekend it makes me so sad that people are portraying themselves as animal loves , yet indiscriminately breeding their un-neutered female kitties for profit.  Lost count of the "ex breeding Queen seeking forever home" posts. There are hundreds of beautiful cats just waiting to be loved, yet people go to these sites for a quick fix for immediate gratification rather than having to wait for home checks etc...How many kittens will end up in rescue once the novelty wears off?  What kind of message is it giving our children in this throw away society.  We have gone without family holidays or other treats when our pets needed expensive surgery, and would do it all again.  Our pets give us love, friendship and loyalty 24/7, why do people not offer them the same respect.  I know I am preaching to the converted on this site, but felt like I had to rant a little.  Sorry, still a bit emotional having lost faithful friends recently, but knew you would all get where I am coming from !

Link to CatChat