Author Topic: Do you own lots of cats?  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Do you own lots of cats?
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 01:11:39 AM »
I don't think they're watching the forum for opinions. They just want pm's from peeps willing to participate. Seems like they're set on another kicking of animal lovers.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 08:41:06 AM »

I guess we're talking to ourselves here  :evillaugh:  Not much new there.   :)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 21:43:30 PM »
Maybe you should focus on the gumtree cat people who breed and get rid of cats or adopt a kitten and once its grown beyond the cute stage to the annoying stage ( and yes they are annoying) re home it and adopt another kitten.

For me personally its not a subject close to my heart as I had a cat, second cat walked in, first cat died and second cat is now only cat spoilt rotten but getting old. When she dies I wont have anouther cat until I can finacially afford it as its not fair to the cat

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 20:59:17 PM »
I third that HK....

It would be nice to be portrayed also that those with many feline babes do NOT have to have dirty chaotic smelly homes & be in a distorted mental state!  :catluv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 00:39:19 AM »
I second that HK  ;D

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 00:31:04 AM »
I agree with what other peeps have said about the usual negative portrayal of multi-pet households in tv programmes; however, you've come to a forum which will bias your programme towards responsible cat-people. We come to purrs because we care about our cats.

Perhaps you should focus on those who wouldn't bother being here, and make a programme promoting feline welfare by concentrating on people who don't bother to neuter, vaccinate or microchip their cats, allowing them to become pregnant then abandon them. We really need to get the message out that cats, male and female, should be neutered.

This would be more useful than yet another shock-horror about lonely women with many cats.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 00:32:37 AM by Hippykitty »
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 10:37:29 AM »
I do agree that most of the time these programmes tend to portray people somewhat negatively rather than (for  the most part) what they actually are. (People passionate about animals who want to care well for them.)

Hope you get some volunteers and the programme is made to acknowledge not all animal lovers are lunatics.   ;) Stevo, not sure a cat and a snake is considered a lot....but then, my house probably would be considered "too much" to most.  :P

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 20:05:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply Shelley  ;D

Offline stevo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 19:47:27 PM »
I've one cat and one corn snake!  As for the pecking order - its just a free for all.  Can me and Chuckles be on tele?   To be honest, I don't think the snake will be interested :wow:   :rofl:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 18:48:15 PM »

Hi Shelley - welcome to Purrs.    :welcome:    Sorry if we may seem a little defensive, but we know many programmes of this nature do seek to portray "enthusiasts" in any field as a bit "not all there"  :Crazy: - particularly where it comes down to how we interact with animals.

It can be annoying, but then again, as the saying goes (sadly I dont know who to attribute it to)

"You all laugh at me, because I'm different, but I laugh at you, 'cos you're all the same"

We're not mad.   Of course we're not.  We're just enthusiastic.  :)

I hope you manage to find what you need, and good luck with the project.   :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 18:11:03 PM »
sadly these programmes normally portray pet owners as oddballs, hope this one will be different

Offline TV Show

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 17:03:28 PM »
Hi Gill
I spoke to Tanya with regards to this posting.
Thanks, Shelley

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 16:32:01 PM »
Who did you get permission from?

We would not usually allow this.

Offline TV Show

• Kitten
Do you own lots of cats?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 16:28:37 PM »
Hello

I work for a TV company and I’m looking for avid cat fans for a new show I’m working on. I would like to hear from people who own a lot of cats or pets in general (although how do you define 'a lot').

I’m keen to learn about how people balance their careers with looking after their pets, whether or not people have favourites and if all of your cats get along with one another and also if there's a pecking order? Furthermore if you have a dog, does your dog and cats get along?

Please personal message me with a few details about yourself if you’d like to hear more.

Many thanks

PS Please note this is not spam, I've had permission to post here :-)

Link to CatChat