Author Topic: Im confused  (Read 1287 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Im confused
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 07:25:28 AM »
I agree that cats can exhibit an empathy to human emotion. But it's probably a mixture of the two in my opinion. ;) She's a bit concerned about the feelings she's picking up from you, and knows she's not loving the cold weather too much either. :hug: :hug:

Hope you feel more positive soon, Tab. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 22:37:15 PM »
Thanks all

If Im honest it scares me as when I get upset she gets ill which doesnt help me lol

I try to act ok and stuff but just at the moment I know Im not managing that. Its silly I know but ...... ahh its life right

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 21:27:02 PM »
Imho cats can sense mood. She may be trying to reassure you that she loves you and is scared by your low mood. I know that Polly and Samantha did that to me when I had depression back in 2005. As humans are the only mammals who leak water from their eyes because of strong emotion, your crying probably confuses her.

Amber's just trying to show affection in the only way she knows how.   :hug:

Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 20:53:48 PM »
Now Im even more confused. I went to sit on the settee today and found a furry waiting for me. She spent the afternoon watching my polar bear family with me and after that got lost.  Gave her tea and she dissapeared again and I havent seen her until now when shes just sitting and staring lol .... That said I did turn the heating off as I was warm enough which may be the problem  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 15:18:43 PM »
Napoleon was like this and he was a total velcro cat, I wish I had another cuddler.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 11:15:08 AM »
I also think it's the weather - cold and miserable makes us feel the same and it probably makes them feel that way too.  Bonnie's like super glue with me at the moment and jumping on my back in bed.

Mary  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 10:31:06 AM »
I'm sure she cares... but could it be the weather? Drum won't leave my side at night, I literally can't move her!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »
Wouldn't we all like to know what our cats are thinking?!

Maybe she IS sensing that you arent your usual self, but maybe the movement of you crying disturbs her? I know my tortie will happily lie on me when I'm watching telly, but the slightest cough or anything, then she's off like a shot!

Hope you are picking up a bit soon  :hug: x Emma x
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Im confused
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 22:37:13 PM »
Im not in a great place at the moment and depression is striking but for some reason Amber had suddenly decided she needs to sit on me. Shes never woken me up for food but in the last few days shes jumped on the bed but not done the paw in mouth stuff.
If I go on the puter shes on my knee, if I watch tv shes on my knee and if I try to make cards shes either on my knee or chewing the card making stuff!!
I'd love to say she cares about me but I know that if I cry she dissapears lol
I wish she could tell me what shes thinking but then I think if I told people I knew what my cat was thinking Id be in more trouble lol

Link to CatChat