Author Topic: Think it might be time :)  (Read 1202 times)

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
Re: Think it might be time :)
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 19:33:48 PM »
I hope they get on well together, i know its such a hard time bella has made it easier for us as the house isnt so empty as it was  :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 15:30:59 PM »
Dillon will be so proud of you and am sure he is guiding you to the right kitties  :hug: :hug:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 00:02:22 AM »
 :hug: I had three weeks between my nearly 18 year old cat passed on and getting kitten Billy.  That's nearly seven years with him now. Good luck. :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 21:39:28 PM »
This is such a lovely post, Liz I'm so pleased you have found room for not just one but two furry souls to share your life and your love. ;D

Dillon would have wanted it this way, you know.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Think it might be time :)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 21:35:09 PM »
So pleased to hear that, thats two very lucky cats! Fingers crossed that they get on and soon you will have some feline sunshine back in your life :hug:

Don't forget that we will want pics! :naughty:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 21:35:01 PM »
Glad you have decided to give another kitty (or kitties) a home, and hope they get on ok.

It must be such a difficult decision, I know looking on rescue websites I just wanna give a home to them all!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline lizfraser

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Arthur and Dottie Dillon (Feb 1998 - 18/12/12 RIP),Tom (RIP 12/11/12), Digby (Feb 1998-17/11/10 RIP)
Think it might be time :)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 21:25:48 PM »
 Well it is nearly a month since Dillon left for the Bridge, and home without a cat just does not feel right, so off to the shelters we went at the weekend. We had decided that having another black cat around would be too painful so soon, so were looking for any other colour, but fell in love with a big fluffy pure black 1 yr old male who had been a stray in Tower Hamlets, and a little 5 month old black and white female.  She still has to have her injections as had only been in shelter a couple of days. The rescue are going to do an introduction for them on Thursday after inoculations, so fingers crossed they will get on well.  I feel torn between giving young cats a long happy life and rescuing the older cats who deserve comfort in their later years, but also the mummy cats who have seen their litters adopted but been overlooked themselves.....it is just soooooo difficult, but whichever way we decide we are on the road to being cat slaves again  ;D

Link to CatChat