Author Topic: Please sign petition in support of the RSPCA  (Read 5005 times)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
Re: Please sign petition in support of the RSPCA
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 10:17:23 AM »
Is up now, just done it, will share on facebook
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:26:57 AM »
The site is down at the moment but I'll keep checking and sign as soon as it's back up  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 15:28:16 PM »
still can't work out how the rspca got the bad press here!!  thats how much legal costs are, if the hunt hadn't broken the law in the first place the rspca wouldn't have had to pay legal costs  :Crazy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 14:12:39 PM »
I have signed, whilst the costs involved were astronomical and the fines imposed paltry by comparison I still think it was absolutely right for the prosecution to go ahead.

Questions are being raised in parliament about why the RSPCA used donated money to bring a private prosecution and there are calls for them to be investigated by the charity commission. This petition seeks to show support for the RSPCA in successfully bringing to justice those who have been cruel to wild animals.
Petitioning William Shawcross, the chairman of the Charity Commission.
William Shawcross, the chairman of the Charity Commission: Support the RSPCA in the successful prosecution of the Heythrop Hunt

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Please sign petition in support of the RSPCA
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:54:09 AM »
Here is a petition if anyone would like to sign it's in support of the RSPCA. I know many people here are not happy with some of the thing the RSPCA does but the Tory press led by the Countryside Alliance really have it in for them at the moment and are trying everything to discredit them. Just because they had the audacity to prosecute some powerful people who thought they were above the law. If we didn't have the RSPCA this country would be a much poorer place as we'd have no one to prosecute animal abusers.

I hope this link works

http://www.change.org/petitions/william-shawcross-the-chairman-of-the-charity-commission-support-the-rspca-in-the-successful-prosecution-of-the-heythrop-hunt?utm_campaign=url_share_after_sign&utm_medium=url_share&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=permissions_dialog_true

Link to CatChat