Author Topic: THANK YOU FROM PAWS INN  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: THANK YOU FROM PAWS INN
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 22:16:22 PM »
Ahhh thanks Carol.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 16:26:42 PM »
That's wonderful Carol hun and Thank you   :hug: :hug: :hug:

T will be very proud knowing her love and passion for Paws Inn will continue.  :Luv: :Luv: A very special lady that will always be in our hearts.  :Luv:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 07:28:36 AM »

I think you're right Carol - it was a real tribute to Teresa, and you're spot on when you say that she couldn't turn an emergency away.  She simply couldn't - ill as she was, she simply couldnt stop.  There are very few ladies like her in the world, and she's left an amazing legacy behind her.

Thanks indeed to Daddy Rob and to Debbie, and to you my friend for keeping us all still linked to the world of Paws Inn through photos and updates.   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »
Hurrah! I know the money will be spent wisely.  :hug: :hug:

EDITED: Because I had to say, Teresa was an amazing force within the cat rescue world. She kept going even when her health told her to slow down. Because she had to; it was her vocation in life and she felt that. I have no doubt people wanted to honour that with the auction this year.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:09:36 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 09:33:51 AM »
Those throws are lovely aren't they? Our Munchkin is more or less surgically attached to his (the paddy bear throw)  :Luv:

It was a wonderful aution and I'm so glad so much money was raised in Teresa's memory.

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 05:39:45 AM »
It is a fantastic amount. Each and everyone of you must be so proud.

You are an 'awesome' bunch of people.

The things that I won are much loved. In the case of the Lynx blanket I might say over loved!
Thankyou.
Nicky

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 23:00:35 PM »
I was sure I posted on here but no sign!

I basically said that every single person involved should be very proud of what is an absolutely fantastic achievment for such a worthy cause and a great tribute to Teresa :hug: Still amazed at the total raised :Crazy:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 22:16:32 PM »
My heart has literally swelled with pride at being marginally (and most enjoyably) involved.
 :grouphug:

Thanks to everyone who made this the wonderful event it was, and to everyone who's looking forward to the next one - I will be equally merciless  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 20:44:42 PM »
It would be stupid to think that there would be no gratitude for all the work and all the time and effort but to see it in words is just great, thank you Carol  :hug: :hug:

Yes I am retired but I have a lot of knowledge so I was very pleased to pass on any help I could give  ;D

All the newbies did really well  :wow:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
THANK YOU FROM PAWS INN
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 20:02:29 PM »
On behalf of the cats and slaves at Paws Inn I want to re-iterate our heartfelt thanks to everybody who played a part in the 2012 Christmas Auction, and in that I include every single person who made a bid.   Let’s face it, no matter how much hard work goes into the organisation (and it does), without the bids it would fail.  But Purrs peeps never fail and your generosity this year has been awesome.  It’s a very overused word nowadays is awesome, but in this context it’s the only one that will do, because according to my dictionary it means ‘inspiring overwhelming wonder, admiration and respect.’ 

Purrs members are always generous but I am in no doubt that this year’s stupendous total is a tribute to Teresa.  She was a truly inspirational lady.  Many’s the time when Paws Inn was full and she was feeling very poorly, I’ve watched her answer the phone to an emergency then burst into tears saying ‘I shouldn’t have to do this, I’m not up to it.’  ‘Then don’t’ I would say.  It took me a long time to understand that she really did have to do it, she was incapable of not doing it, and my goodness, she did it well.  Knowing that we have so much to live up to is more than a little scary; we know that Paws Inn cannot be the same without Teresa, but to have your support at this difficult, transitionary period means more than words can say.  I say ‘we’ but I’m really just a mouthpiece, all the hard work is done by Teresa’s husband Rob and Teresa’s right-hand woman Debbie.

O.K. Gwyneth Paltrow eat your heart out because I must now single out a few people for special thanks.  I’m bound to miss somebody vital  :scared: so I apologise to you in advance.  First mention must go to Tan for making it all possible by creating Purrs, whose aim has always been to support cat rescue.  Didn’t she do well.  :thanks:  Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how much Purrs has raised over the years? (I confess don’t know the answer).  Next must come Sam for badgering so many traders into donating items, and then having to store, pack and post the majority of them, which must have taken an age.  :thanks:  Thanks also to everyone who auctioned items (and paid the postage on them).  :thanks:  For keeping the whole thing on track over two busy weeks and getting the winning bids and provisional total up so quickly at the end, thanks go (in no particular order  ;) ) to Susanne, Kay, Louise, Jen, Shonagh (JackSpratt) and of course Gill, who announced her retirement after the 2011 auction but was clearly still beavering away behind the scenes.  :thanks:

You can rest assured that we will spend the money wisely, and we hope to have some photos to post of our first purchases in the not too distant future.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 20:03:15 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Link to CatChat