Author Topic: what would you do??  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: what would you do??
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 20:33:17 PM »
The neighbourhood watch idea is really good, get it mentioned  ;D ;D

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 19:44:10 PM »
Have convinced dh bella is to stay in till its warmer, he did point out that barney died during a cold spell and this weekend was really cold so possibly someone being thoughtless.  bella is back at the vets in just over a week so going to speak to them and see if they have heard/noticed anything as theres only two vets i could imagine anyone around here going to and one is our vets. Am also going to try and make a leaflet and drop that through letterboxes to remind people. Our neighbour is a member of neighbour hood watch and they have big meetings so will try and get her to say something there as well.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 21:06:36 PM »
I would definitely keep her in for the forseeable future at least, as Sheryl says at least over winter and while she's settling in. Did the lady mention which vets the cats had been treated at? If you can find out I would approach the vets and asked them to report it to the RSPCA & Police, sadly it will have more weight coming from a professional rather than a bereaved owner  :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 20:50:53 PM »
I too would definately keep Bella in, I just wouldnt be able to take the risk and if she is happy and settled indoors just keep her in at least for the winter

If there is any chance of the deaths being deliberate then the Police need to be notified
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 16:54:15 PM »
I would certainly keep Bella indoors and try to find out more about the circumstanes of the other deaths.  Does this lady know who the  owners are?  Having lost a cat yourself I wouldn't have thought they could object to telling you their story.  I think I would be inclined to leaftlet the area as well, pointing out how dangerous antifreeze is to cats and asking people to check whether they have any leaks from either their car or their stored antifreeze.  Good luck.

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
what would you do??
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 16:45:05 PM »
A lady that i was talking to just after barney died has just knocked on the door. Two other cats have died or been put to sleep this weekend due to anti freeze poisioning. Weve not let bella out yet and this has made me worry about letting her out. One of the cats lived over the road from us,  not sure where the other lived but it must be close for the lady to know.  dh said maybe someone has spilt some but im worried incase its dileberate. Poor cats and there poor owners

Link to CatChat