Author Topic: Sapphire - please help an older lady - South Yorks (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 5382 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Sapphire - please help an older lady - South Yorks (Unknown Outcome)
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 13:00:13 PM »
Totally understand and was hesitant to mention it in case I upset you but you have such a wonderful home to offer, especially because you normally adopt those 'harder to home' cats  :hug: Don't blame you for having a bit of a break, really hope you enjoy your holiday  :hug: Good on Frosty for keeping you in the loop with strokes  :)

No worries, you've not done that Helen   :hug:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 23:49:37 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Sapphire - please help an older lady - South Yorks
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 20:21:09 PM »
Yes, fingers crossed she has gone to one of the good ones  :shy:

I really miss having a cat Helen so much but we're having some much overdue stuff done in the house so it's not really the right time to bring a new cat in.  Also can't tell you how long it is since we've had a holiday, only a couple of nights away in about 20 yrs because I won't leave them  :innocent: so we're hoping for a few days away next month, then I'm sure I will be looking for another puss.   The ferals are keeping me company though, Frosty lets me stroke him now (after 10 yrs!).

Totally understand and was hesitant to mention it in case I upset you but you have such a wonderful home to offer, especially because you normally adopt those 'harder to home' cats  :hug: Don't blame you for having a bit of a break, really hope you enjoy your holiday  :hug: Good on Frosty for keeping you in the loop with strokes  :)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 19:22:55 PM »
Hopefully she's gone to one of the good RSPCA branches, my local branch is excellent so don't think we should tar them all with the same brush.

I actually wondered whether Janey might have considered enquiring about her when you felt ready to adopt again after losing Sooty?  :hug:

The RSPCA branches local to me seem very good too, so I don't tarnish them at all, but I know some that aren't and 'unfortunately' has me a bit worried I presume like Sue.   Hopefully puss is in rescue but I need to know what to do with the thread. 

I really miss having a cat Helen so much but we're having some much overdue stuff done in the house so it's not really the right time to bring a new cat in.  Also can't tell you how long it is since we've had a holiday, only a couple of nights away in about 20 yrs because I won't leave them  :innocent: so we're hoping for a few days away next month, then I'm sure I will be looking for another puss.   The ferals are keeping me company though, Frosty lets me stroke him now (after 10 yrs!).

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 19:25:18 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 17:40:28 PM »
Hopefully she's gone to one of the good RSPCA branches, my local branch is excellent so don't think we should tar them all with the same brush.

I actually wondered whether Janey might have considered enquiring about her when you felt ready to adopt again after losing Sooty?  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 13:15:03 PM »
Am hoping this has not meant PTS?  I've seldom seen a cat with such haunted eyes and it would grieve me no end if she has been destroyed.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 14:30:42 PM »
unfortunately no one came forward for this lovely girl and her humans have recently taken her to the rspca.

Do you mean she's in rescue with the RSPCA  :scared:  - not sad news? 

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 19:56:13 PM »
unfortunately no one came forward for this lovely girl and her humans have recently taken her to the rspca.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 08:03:16 AM »
 :Luv: bless, lots of luck for her xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 14:37:20 PM »
Such a beautiful girl :Luv2: Fingers crossed she's not waiting too much longer :care:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:22:27 AM »
Poor Sapphire  :(  Hope someone can offer her a new home soon.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
Sapphire - please help an older lady - South Yorks (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 20:13:32 PM »
Sapphire is a beautiful 9 year old silver tabby who is having a rotten time of it at the moment.   She’s been a loving and loyal cat but now finds herself in a situation where her humans are no longer able to care for her because of ongoing health issues.  Poor Sapphire is taking it all to heart and getting very stressed herself about carers and paramedics coming into her home all too often.   It’s been a hard decision but we’re now looking for a new home for her.

She’s spayed, vaccinated and micro chipped.   Generally in good health though recently has suffered some bouts of stress related cystitis linked to when her human has been ill, and she’s a little overweight.   She’s a loving cat who clearly enjoys human company.  She loves to snuggle and play and just generally hang out with you.  Unfortunately she isn’t keen on other cats so would really need a home where she could be an only pet.
Sapphire has been used to being able to go outside so will need a safe garden to explore once she’s settled in.

If you think you could offer this poor lass a place where she can feel settled and safe at last please contact Karen at Cat Action Trust 1977 on 07940 792 205 or email doncastercat77@gmail.com.   If you choose to email please add our address to your contacts as otherwise it appears that replies sometimes land in people’s junk mail and are not received.

Home checks and a donation are required when re homing any of our cats or kittens.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 23:49:11 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat