Author Topic: Plaque  (Read 1108 times)

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
Re: Plaque
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 13:06:15 PM »

Mine are on plaque-off and I have to say when Cashie was yawning his head off yesterday his teeth looked pearly white when before they had been a wee bit yellow at the back. 

It does have great reviews if you look at vet uk & similar sites.  Seems expensive but it lasts for ever.  I will get a vet's opinion when they go for their check up later this year but I really think it is working.

Worth a try I think.  X

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 15:58:50 PM »
Our Munchkin is due a scale & polish as well (I really must get him booked in) and I'm thinking of trying plaque-off. I wish he would eat Nature's Menu wet food again as he didn't get plaque build-up when he did, but he went off it when they changed the formula slightly and will now only eat Iams  :P

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 19:41:04 PM »
When Lu had his scale and polish the vets recommended Logic gel, ideally you squirt it onto the gums but this would upset them so Lu licks it from the tube and Riley has a bit squirted on his dinner (he won't lick it from the tube).  I have also used plaque off (a powder you sprinkle on the food) in the past. I am terrible at remembering to use both these so really must start again.

Whiskas do a treat called dentabits which my two love so worth a try too.

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
Plaque
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 11:57:38 AM »
Coco has to go to the vet sometime soon to have her plaque removed. When it is gone I want to make sure it doesn't return any ideas what is a good food to help this happen. I did buy her (and Ping) some dried cat food that was especially for this job but the pieces were so big neither of them would eat it.

Link to CatChat