Author Topic: woud any sanctuaries/charities want these items?  (Read 5384 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: woud any sanctuaries/charities want these items?
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 14:54:31 PM »
So very sorry to hear about Goldie RIP you are missed so much.

It maybe a gooid idea to post this all over again in General Cat Chat cos will be seen by more people  :hug: :hug:

Offline WalksWithCats

• Kitten
  • senior cats are pawsome
    • the residential autist
  • Slave to: biscuit, goldie [RIP], boomer, princess
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 20:05:33 PM »
:(  Ahhh bless I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Goldie ... please pass on my condolences to your Mum and Dad  :hug:

I'm sure someone will be able to make use of your kind donation.

RIP Goldie ... play hard at the bridge baby xxx
hi sam,thanks so much for replying and quickly!
will do, even dad was crying most of the day which is unheard of and mum has done nothing but blame herself,cats are the superiors in this family and its so hard to lose any, let alone a fifteen odd year old.

hi Kay&3Ts,
thanks for the quick reply to!!
will bookmark the list,and if no one pops on to take them will have a good route round the list.
had visited the peggy hendersons sanctuary way back and almost all the cats they had ready for rehoming were otherwise healthy cats with controlable kidney dysfunction or the also controlable hyperthyroidism,its wrong to judge people without knowing their story but its difficult not to when they dump a animal because they have special health needs,its awful how anyone can get or breed animals without some basic form of common sense licence.
owned by pampered cats and ten spoilt hand reared maran,light sussex and blue cochin chickens-plus a seven year old granny ex bat hen to keep them in check!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 19:49:20 PM »
how sad for you all - but how lovely Goldie passed surrounded by loving arms

this part of Purrs isn't much used, but if you go to CatChat  http://www.catchat.org/forum.html you'll find a list of cat rescues listed by area, and I would suggest you contact the nearest to you directly  - though you may not get an answer until after Christmas
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 19:46:09 PM »
 :(  Ahhh bless I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Goldie ... please pass on my condolences to your Mum and Dad  :hug:

I'm sure someone will be able to make use of your kind donation.

RIP Goldie ... play hard at the bridge baby xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline WalksWithCats

• Kitten
  • senior cats are pawsome
    • the residential autist
  • Slave to: biscuit, goldie [RIP], boomer, princess
woud any sanctuaries/charities want these items?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 19:39:16 PM »
hi,
hope have put this in the right place and also hope it is allowed because have gone over and over the rules and it doesnt have anythhing against it?

a massive accident yesterday which broke a rib and destroyed part of goldies brain has led to her passing away today,she was at the vets intensive care in dads arms purring,lifting her head up for rubs and suddenly she stopped breathing,am still in shell shock from it-she had been a full feral who found us but mine and her special friendship over the years had led her to becoming mostly tame.  :'( :'(

the reason am posting this here [and am very sorry if this is the wrong board as cannot work out which one it suits] is mum and dad have said it woud be a shame to waste the items of goldies [which are for cats with renal dysfunction.] had remembered PIOH [though for some reason always think its called paws and not purrs].

there is a fresh, half a large tub left of ipakitine-the food supplement powder for renal dysfunction and a good few cup fulls left of the large bag of royal canin renal [RF twenty three] biscuits.

woud any rescuers/sanctuaries in the manchester area be interested in having these? its not like its a big stack but thought our cash limited rescuers coud make some use of them,its possible woud be able to drop these off on behalf of mum/dad-am not a driver but have a motability car and a limited amount of petrol.
owned by pampered cats and ten spoilt hand reared maran,light sussex and blue cochin chickens-plus a seven year old granny ex bat hen to keep them in check!

Link to CatChat