Author Topic: For the chop!  (Read 1517 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: For the chop!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 16:54:47 PM »
I had my boy Beau neutered at 16 weeks, which is young but as my vet says if they're ripe, pluck'em  :rofl:

He'll be confused for a few moments when he realises he smells funny "down there", but at 4.5 monts his testosterone hasn't really had chance to kick in yet so he won't have had much time to think about females and the travel required to get them (I assume he's not out and about unsupervised just yet, he's a bit young to be out on his own).

If he's hyperactive, it's more likely to be his age and disposition than any wanderlust. My advice? Get another cat of the same age and with a similar disposition as a playmate, otherwise "Playmate" goes on YOUR nameplate, alongside "parent", "provider" and "poo clearer" :na na naa na:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
For the chop!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 15:42:43 PM »
I think at 4.5 months it'll be a while before he's calm I'm afraid! Neutering has loads of other benefits though and sounds like you have a good vet there to do him relatively young.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: For the chop!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 15:30:07 PM »
It takes up to 6 weeks for any effect to work but hopefully he will stay closer to home.

It had nil effect on calming Lupin down and think he got worse  :innocent: :innocent:

Offline Frank

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Frank
For the chop!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 13:00:39 PM »
Tomorrow is Franks castration. He is 4.5 months. Will this calm him down? I understand that he may not Rome so far for a mate,

Thanks in advance :)

Link to CatChat