Author Topic: Probable pkd  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Probable pkd
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 17:27:35 PM »
Poor Phoenix :care: How old is he? Is he a persian? I know they can be prone to it as a breed   :hug:

Do have a look here http://www.felinecrf.org/polycystic_kidney_disease.htm The author is very experienced in all things kidney so there may be something on this site that your vet hasn't mentioned as it's such a lot to take in  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Probable pkd
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 16:37:28 PM »
Did the vet say it was PKD?

I think thats what persians can suffer from?

Gillian (Ambercat) has Persians and am sure some have had this, maybe worth sending her PM.

If this is the last few days for Phoenix take every day as a bonus and love him especially   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline jo30

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Phoenix
Probable pkd
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 15:11:22 PM »
Hi everyone.  :scared:

Just wondered if anyone could help.

My beautiful boy Phoenix got very ill on Sunday/Monday, lethargic, quiet and unhappy. We took him to the vets and he spent Monday and Tuesday night there. He had bloods taken and an ultrasound done.
His ultrasound showed multiple cysts in his kidneys and each kidney is approx 10cm in size, apparently his blood works were off the scale (have phoned for more precise results, waiting for callback).
He was out on an Iv for approx 24hours then we brought him home yesterday, he is eating renal food as well as boiled fish and chicken, so getting quite a lot of fluids. But is not himself.

The vets advised we can expect a couple of days left with our boy and we are devastated. I am hoping that Subq's may be an option, or hoping to find out if there any vitamins, treatments that may make him more comfortable

Thanks for reading

Jo and Phoenix x  :scared: x

Link to CatChat