Author Topic: Sore Hocks and now a bald armpit!!!? Help!!!  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Sore Hocks and now a bald armpit!!!? Help!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 13:59:12 PM »
I think this is a repeat of what you have put on the original thread and it would be better to keep it all on one thread rather than spread across two

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Sore Hocks and now a bald armpit!!!? Help!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 23:09:07 PM »
Hoping you can find out the reason for Mitzy's bald patches soon. Am sure someone will have had a similar problem and be able to help :hug:

Offline LiziL

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Milly and Mitzy
Sore Hocks and now a bald armpit!!!? Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 19:21:41 PM »
A year or so ago I took my cat Mitzy to the vets as her hocks were getting sore (then licked) and then bleeding, we went through months of different tablets and steroids and nothing stopped it!
In the end we decided to change her food from supermarket food to vets sensitive skin food, it worked and her legs dried out and hair began to grow..... Few months later licking commence, bald and sore... I just don't no what to do anymore?? The vets say they have not seen anything like it before in their 25 years experience! She has now began licking under her armpit, we looked and its bald and the patch is getting bigger!!! Can anyone help? Or had a similar problem?
She has a sister who can be a bully sometimes but I don't no if this is the reason? We have also tried feliway..
Thanks for reading xx

Link to CatChat