Author Topic: Neutering  (Read 1757 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Neutering
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 09:27:38 AM »
Archie was quiet for a day or so, understandable, but was totally fine :)

Lots of treats are the order of the day :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 13:24:44 PM »
Lupin was done at 10 months cos previous owner hadnt bothered and when he got home he was crazy going off his head due to the ketamine that they use and he wanted dish after dish of food.

Apart from that no problems

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 22:53:55 PM »
Our boys were all neutered around the 5 to 6 month mark except Groucho who was big enough to have his op at only 4 1/2 months.  Only Boris and Groucho came to us too young to have been neutered prior to arrival so I have first hand experience of their "recovery"; if that's the word I'm after  :innocent: 

Neither showed any signs of anything except perhaps being a little hyper for a few hours after coming home and then slept fine and purrfectly back to normal next day.  The advice was to feed little on arrival home but they both had other ideas although I restricted it to chicken/turkey  :innocent:

This was my post when Groucho had his op ........

I was late collecting little man (well 5 mins late  ;) ) and when I put carrier on floor next to me to pay the bill he reached out of the carrier and started hitting my leg  :shocked: no claws you unnerstand  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:  He was also squawking in his Rod Stewart/Bonnie Tyler squawk.  He's such a little character. 

Lisa the VN said he was adorable and had just had a feed of chicken and rice and then said something like "he probably won't need any thing else tonight".  Oh yeh?  Well he has demolished 4 small plates of sliced turkey like a demon so far.  He's absolutely full of beans.   I'll pop a last small plate in afore me bedtime but have told OH that he gets to sleep with the young tyke tonight so I can get some real kip.  This is indeed a madhouse .....  but he's all chipped and snipped now so think we'll reintroduce him to gardin if it's fine tomorrow (he got out for 20 seconds by mistake a few days after his arrival) and slowly increase his access although no 24 hour access for a while yet; maybe new year when it's 'orrible and cold and he won't wanna stay out......  :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 22:59:51 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 22:53:32 PM »
It really is such a simple op for the boys so even though it won't stop you worrying when you take him he'll likely be bouncing around as soon as you get him home! There's no stitches or cone needed, he'll just need a light meal in the evening when he gets in - any excuse for some chicken!

Offline Frank

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Frank
Neutering
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 22:10:55 PM »
So, my beautiful boy is nearly 14 weeks, in a few weeks he will be neutered. What are everyone's experiences of this?

The vet is wonderful and we have talked the whole procedure through. I want to know if there are any simple things I can do at home to encourage this quick recovery. I'm sure it must be lot about common sense.

Link to CatChat