Author Topic: Lost cat, Buxton, Derbyshire. *FOUND*  (Read 10270 times)

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
Re: Lost cat, Buxton, Derbyshire. *FOUND*
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 19:35:40 PM »
I'll be onto the vets first thing in the morning and will be recommending micro chipping to anyone who'll listen! Posters all down apart from the ones in the shops that were closed today, thanks for that Sheilarose  :thanks: and for your well wishes, what a fabulous website this is for cat lovers!   :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 19:12:13 PM »
I'm so pleased and relieved.  ;D ;D ;D

If she smells of perfume she almost certainly has been kidnapped, so you need to get her microchipped asap!

Sorry you got bitten, though. Poor thing must have been terrified. I wonder if a firework going off was what spooked her in the first place  :shify:

Don't forget to take all your posters down. Our local council prosecutes people who post Lost Cat posters - I'd hate this to happen to you too.

Once again, congratulations to both of you, what a huge relief  :hug: :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 19:09:33 PM »
Wonderful news - so glad your little one is home x
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 16:33:51 PM »
So pleased your cat is home  ;D hope you're ok too  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 15:08:55 PM »
Yes I slept very well last night!  :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »
That is such good news  ;D Bet you feel exhausted now you have stopped worrying  :hug:

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 22:20:27 PM »
She was about 3 streets away on our estate, a friend came to the house to say she thought she'd just seen her running from a garden near her house, I went shaking my whiskers temptations and she appeared behind me! I think she may have been in someone's house because she smells of perfume but she looks thinner (but she is a fussy eater?) anyway, she's home now! Such a worrying time,my heart goes out to anybody who is missing a pet.  :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 22:17:22 PM »
Great news that she is home and so poleased you went to A&E, keep an eye on the bite  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 22:07:02 PM »
Soooo pleased to hear she is back safe and sound  :wow: Brilliant news  :)

Sorry to hear about the firework incident  :hug: Where did you find her in the end?

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 22:02:27 PM »
I've needed a trip to A&E to be patched up and get a course of antibiotics,just as she was in my arms a firework went off, she was so scared she bit me quite badly! But I'm too happy to worry about the pain!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 21:20:46 PM »
Wooooo Hooooo I'm so pleased she is back home and no longer lost on firework night.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
Re: Lost cat, Buxton, Derbyshire.
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 20:43:01 PM »
Feel I want to shout this from the rooftops!! MY GIRL IS HOME!! Hooray! I'm so, so happy...it has been the longest week and a half of my life. I cannot thank you all on purrsinourhearts enough for giving me the support these last few days X x  :thanks:   :Luv2:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 17:06:16 PM »
Sorry you have not had any luck so far, it's so awful when they are missing  :hug: I hope she is soon back with you safe and well.

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 14:36:09 PM »
Still no sign... *sigh*  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 22:30:02 PM »
Thank you Tiggy's mum! She does go out occasionally usually with me just around the garden sometimes wondering into our neighbours garden but never out at night. She was waiting behind the front door when I came in with my arms full and literally ran out between my legs! I spent a good half hour trying to coax her in with her treats but she wasn't having any of it  :( and not seen her since... I left tuna out last night and its gone and there is white fur around the bowl so am a bit more hopeful today but cannot understand if that's her, why she's not coming home? Thank you for your positive comments too it means so much!  :thanks:

I think it's more positive that she's not a totally indoor cat as she will at least be used to the area and 'know' where home is so if she is trapped somewhere she will be able to find her way out when she's released. What was the weather like on the day/day after she went out? If it was dry people may well have been in their sheds/garages and she may have got shut it. Worth asking neighbours to check their sheds/garages/outbuildings WHILE YOU WAIT as a) they may say they will and forget/not bother and b) she's more likely to come out if she hears your voice  :hug:

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 18:36:38 PM »
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll give it a look tomorrow, no Evie wasn't microchipped but I wish she was, she certainly will be if and when she comes home.  :-[

If you have confidence in your hunch, you could pop in for that cuppa on your next rounds - with a friend, though (I wouldn't go alone if I were you, you need a witness).

Decline the alcohol too (you're on the wrong meds etc.) and talk with raised voices. If Evie is in there she'll go crazy at the sound of your voice and you'll hear her.

Take care when accusing people of untoward activity. She may well be completely innocent. If not she's likely to be unstable, or just terribly lonely, but either way if she's caught out kidnapping other peoples' pets she's unlikey to be delighted about it.

Is Evie microchipped? If so, she's legally yours and anyone knowingly attempting to take her is technically committing theft.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 15:16:38 PM »
If you have confidence in your hunch, you could pop in for that cuppa on your next rounds - with a friend, though (I wouldn't go alone if I were you, you need a witness).

Decline the alcohol too (you're on the wrong meds etc.) and talk with raised voices. If Evie is in there she'll go crazy at the sound of your voice and you'll hear her.

Take care when accusing people of untoward activity. She may well be completely innocent. If not she's likely to be unstable, or just terribly lonely, but either way if she's caught out kidnapping other peoples' pets she's unlikey to be delighted about it.

Is Evie microchipped? If so, she's legally yours and anyone knowingly attempting to take her is technically committing theft.

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 13:57:26 PM »
Thank you Sheilarose, markings are similar but not her unfortunately, I will go round again later and have a look, funnily enough I had a call from a lady a couple of days ago whose garden backs onto my neighbours, she was on the phone over an hour talking to me about her cats, etc and told me she recognised my cat from seeing her in her garden in the past, she also told me she feeds cats she thinks are strays and has in the past taken them in, the more I thought about it it just didn't add up so I went round and asked if I could look in her garden, I did but found nothing..... It was apparent from meeting the lady that she had a major alcohol problem and now I'm wondering if she had actually got my Evie locked up in her house somewhere? Am I just being paranoid? Where do you stand legally for accusing somebody of locking your cat up!! She invited me in for a 'drink' but I declined, she also said she lives most of the time upstairs in her home, so now I'm thinking has she got my girl in one of her upstairs rooms, I can't think of anywhere else she could be!  :'(

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 13:30:06 PM »
 :thanks: me too janeyk I miss her so much  :(

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 13:22:00 PM »
So sorry you've lost your lovely cat, I hope she's home again soon  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 08:46:48 AM »
Definitely make another round knocking on doors in the surrounding streets if you suspect she's being kept nearby. If she has found a bolt-hole locally someone might be unsure what to do with her.

She's very distinctive which is a bonus.  :hug:

I did find this one, whose markings are similar. It's listed as a Tom but folk often get this wrong, assuming lost cats would always be boys and not knowing what to look for... so when you're checking the internet lost/found sites always check under BOTH sexes. I'm pretty sure it's not her though...

http://www.animalsearchuk.co.uk/find-lost-pets/view-pet.php?p=114490&prt=2&viewru=1&sort_order=date&typeOfPet=1&lostOrFound=2&searchDate=2012-10-02&searchRadius=30&showResultsAs=List&petColour1=-1&petColour2=-1&petColour3=-1&petColour4=-1&petHasACollar=Ignore&petCollarColour=-1&GMapsLat=53.259082&GMapsLng=-1.9148299999999&GMapsLocationDesc=Buxton%2C+Derbyshire%2C+United+Kingdom%2C+SK17&page=1&search=1&lfp=0

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 08:24:05 AM »
Thank you Tiggy's mum! She does go out occasionally usually with me just around the garden sometimes wondering into our neighbours garden but never out at night. She was waiting behind the front door when I came in with my arms full and literally ran out between my legs! I spent a good half hour trying to coax her in with her treats but she wasn't having any of it  :( and not seen her since... I left tuna out last night and its gone and there is white fur around the bowl so am a bit more hopeful today but cannot understand if that's her, why she's not coming home? Thank you for your positive comments too it means so much!  :thanks:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 22:46:15 PM »
Sorry to have to welcome you to Purrs at such a worrying time  :hug: I know it must feel like an absolute eternity but cats so very often turn up weeks, months and even years after going missing. Have evrything crossed that you won't be waiting that long for her  :hug:

When you say she 'got out on the night of 22/10/12' do you mean she is normally an indoor cat or just that is the last day she went out? She's very beautiful btw, hope you're reunited very soon.

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 21:10:49 PM »
I will do, thanks very much! I've tried just about everything i think, posted over 300 leaflets, put posters up, contacted local paper and radio, vets, rescues, etc! I just cannot begin to imagine where she's got too, I'm getting more worried with every passing day, I know people say that they can turn up after being away weeks but do they? Sorry to waffle on, I'm driving everyone mad here! I miss my baby  :(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 19:16:42 PM »
Hi Julie,

Sorry to hear your little one is missing ... please check out the hints and tips in the link posted by Sheliarose.

If you are still having problems resizing your pic feel free to send to me (fussy_furball [at] hotmail.com)  and I'll resize and post it on the thread for you

Sam  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »
Julie, hello and welcome. Sorry it's under such worrying circumstances.

Here's a few things you can do to start with.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

Your photo will need to be re-sized or it may crash your posts. I use the one included in my Windows Live Photo Gallery, which you might already have on your computer. Good luck.

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
Lost cat, Buxton, Derbyshire. *FOUND*
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 10:17:38 AM »
 :Luv:Hello, just wondering if anybody from my area has seen my girl.... She got out on the night of 22/10/12 jumped over a neighbours fence and I haven't seen her since  :( she is white with dark grey/black tail and patches on her back and top of her head. She is a much loved family pet and is missed terribly so please get in touch if you've seen her or pass the word on if you live in the Harpur Hill area. Thank you very much.
Having trouble loading photo so will get this on as soon as I figure it out!
Julie.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 20:45:12 PM by jklm72 »

Link to CatChat